QB Competition still up in air | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Competition still up in air

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
QB Competition Still Up in Air!
141945956510-1.jpg

Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan put off the notion that Gus Frerotte has the edge on A.J. Feeley in the battle for the starting quarterback job.

Rather, Linehan said, the battle will be left to training camp.

''There's no edge,'' Linehan said. ``The whole idea of the offseason program was to implement the offense to the players. Gus has familiarity with a lot of things, but the reps were split such that he wasn't necessarily working on things that he was as comfortable with as maybe he would be had I worked a lot of the concepts that we worked at Minnesota.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11915818.htm

welderpat said:
Either one is better than fiedler

My 10 year old broken down toaster is a better qb than fiedler so thats really not saying much!

I'm really pulling for Feeley though...I hope he comes out and truely impresses!

Linehan said he wanted to see Feeley both improve and learn the new system during the team's offseason program, and gave him high marks on both counts.

"He's certainly got some exceptional talent as far as throwing the ball," Linehan said. "He's still relatively young as a quarterback and so he's learning. ... I'm very happy with where he's at, at this point."

That's good to hear. :D

I hope that's right... the training camp competition that is. Not that I doubt the coach but i wouldn't expect him to come out and say. " feeley sucks there's no way he will start" I'm not a feeley or ferrotte hater or homer, I just want the best QB to play and have a chance to win games without mental errors. I do think Feeley has the more upside but I don't know if he is "the man" I trust this coaching staff to make the best decision for the offense and team.

Buddwalk said:
My 10 year old broken down toaster is a better qb than fiedler so thats really not saying much!

I'm really pulling for Feeley though...I hope he comes out and truely impresses!
:lol: :rofl3: :lol: :rofl3:
Don't hold back tell us how you realy feel :lol:

Buddwalk said:
QB Competition Still Up in Air!
141945956510-1.jpg

Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan put off the notion that Gus Frerotte has the edge on A.J. Feeley in the battle for the starting quarterback job.

Rather, Linehan said, the battle will be left to training camp.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11915818.htm

I think it would only be natural that at this early juncture the offensive coordinator would do nothing to destroy the confidence of either of his leading candidates for the QB position, that he would want them entering training camp thinking the battle was even...........even if its not right now.

Back
Top Bottom