QB controversy in Philly. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB controversy in Philly.

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
I'd keep Wentz and trade Foles to the Browns for 2 of their 2nds. Would the Browns still pick a QB with Foles and Kizer? I don't think so. I guess Saquon is a lock for #1 now.

Of course that would cause a huge shift at the top of the draft.

I'm also almost positive Denver gets Cousins.

NYG draft Darnold.

Who do the Colts take? No O line worth the pick. Chubb? Rosen? Trade down?

Damn, this has been one of the most entertaining seasons ever and this offseason shapes up to be even more interesting.

Sucks the Dolphins were irrelevant, dysfunctional and uninspiring.

Like I said in another thread, Wentz is better but when I lined up his and Foles best seasons people were exaggerating about the difference at this point as Wentz is still a very young QB. Fans tend to fall madly in love with young QB's and exaggerate their greatness (RGIII, Vince Young, even Watson at this point). What I found most interesting in comparing their best seasons stats in Foles had a higher completion percentage and much higher YPA meaning he was more accurate and was throwing consistently deeper down the field.

Good problem to have for Philly.

If Wentz has started this game, the Eagles would have put up 50.
The Foles story is a nice one. Much like Hostetler, but let’s not get carried away.

If Wentz has started this game, the Eagles would have put up 50.
The Foles story is a nice one. Much like Hostetler, but let’s not get carried away.

So 9 more points? I say Wentz is better but the disparity is not as huge as everyone thinks right now because Wentz is still a young QB. Nobody can argue that fans fall madly in love with young QB's and exaggerate how great they are. We see that all the time.

Foles looks like he only excels in Philly. If he went to the Browns he would fall flat on their face especially if Hugh Jackson is the coach.

Foles looks like he only excels in Philly. If he went to the Browns he would fall flat on their face especially if Hugh Jackson is the coach.
Well.....it is the browns.

I don't see Foles going anyway. He is a good insurance policy for Philly. Most QB's take a while to get back to 100% after a knee injury. Why rush Wentz back when you have someone who can take care of the offense until he is 100%. The have a solid team and another chance for Super Bowl.

This article digs into the details about QB recover from these type injuries. Most of the time they aren't quite the same.

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

Wentz still has 2 years remaining on his rookie contract. I think Foles stays in Phila as a backup until at least Wentz's next contract and maybe much longer.

No reason to rush Foles out the door while Wentz proves he is healthy and Foles is a team player. He has 3 voidable years remaining @ $6.1M/year ($5.5 base + 600K bonus).

Foles has experienced the grass on the other side of the fence. I think he is the type to have a Matt Moore type of career.

The guy almost retired and now he has won a Super Bowl and is the savior of Phila. He can provide for his family while making a nice salary carrying a clipboard.

There is no controversy. Just a golden opportunity to ride off into the sunset while the Eagles pay for his family's future.

Foles is set for life. After several more years as a backup, look at his opportunities in broadcasting (local and national), advertising and anything else he can market from this story book run.

If Philly is smart, they'll keep Foles around to start the year and let Wentz fully recover from that horrific knee injury. I don't think it's necessarily a controversy there, as I think Wentz is their guy for the foreseeable future. At the deadline, once Wentz is healthy, you can spin off Foles for a few draft picks and move on. Of course, maybe Foles really likes it there, and you keep him around, then let him walk.

Definitely not a controversy there. Not by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom