QB controversy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB controversy

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year going into pre-season, there were many fans booing Feidler and chanting for Lucas.. I was one of those fans..

This year, before training camp, there were many fans once again chanting for someone else besides Jay.. (I take the 5th)

Now that training camp has started, its pretty obvious from all the reports that have been shared here, Jay is sharper than Brian and I dont see anyone complaining about a QB controversy anymore..

This year we all have the privledge and luxury of belonging to this great Dolfan forum and we have the ability to not only read the newspapers, watch TV, listen to the radio.. but we have the chance to sit down and read other peoples observations as well..

I just wonder if Finheaven was around last year during training camp (it probably was, but I wasnt a member) and if we were able to read the training camp reports like we do this year.. would there of still been "Jayboo's" and "Raychants" coming from the fans??

No way Griese will be able to start by Week 1. He does not have the playbook down and that is shown by his INTs thrown to Jenkins and Fletcher.

Originally posted by Jeep
Last year going into pre-season, there were many fans booing Feidler and chanting for Lucas.. I was one of those fans..

This year, before training camp, there were many fans once again chanting for someone else besides Jay.. (I take the 5th)

Now that training camp has started, its pretty obvious from all the reports that have been shared here, Jay is sharper than Brian and I dont see anyone complaining about a QB controversy anymore..

This year we all have the privledge and luxury of belonging to this great Dolfan forum and we have the ability to not only read the newspapers, watch TV, listen to the radio.. but we have the chance to sit down and read other peoples observations as well..

I just wonder if Finheaven was around last year during training camp (it probably was, but I wasnt a member) and if we were able to read the training camp reports like we do this year.. would there of still been "Jayboo's" and "Raychants" coming from the fans??

The Ray/Jay controversy was non-stop on this MB last TC.

Thank you Capt... I wasnt a Finheaven member last year..

Did people provide TC reports (last year) like they are this year??

Originally posted by Jeep
Thank you Capt... I wasnt a Finheaven member last year..

Did people provide TC reports (last year) like they are this year??

Yeah...Well last year Lucas got some praise towards the end of training camp because I remeber how he struggled at first if that what your asking.I remeber Fiedler wasn't looking all that sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Griese-lovers tend to have memory problems, they try to block out Fiedler's pre-injury successes and focus on the last name of the backup (Griese=success)

Unless Griese picks up his play soon hes not going to be able to come close to unseating fiedler before week 1.

Re: Re: QB controversy

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

The Ray/Jay controversy was non-stop on this MB last TC.

Jay/anyotherQB has been a heated debate since 2000. Some ppl just want Jay gone, no matter if that QB is better or not. That's the conclusion I've come to over these 3-years.

Oliver...

Jeep, if I remember correctly, reports out of camp said Lucas had a stronger arm, but the accuracy wasn't there, and he was having a little difficulty reading some defenses. I also remember saying he could not, for the life of him, throw touch passes consistently. He then had a few decent preseason games, and the controvesry was full-blown.......

Ray Lucas really shut us all up. It showed that Wanny and staff really knew what they were doing in picking the right guy to play QB. I have no doubts in them this year... if they think Jay is the man, then he is our man.

I would love to take a poll and see how many wereon Rays Bandwagon last year.

Actually the way I remember it the whole Ray/Jay thing didn't start until preseason when Ray Lucas really looked good and Jay looked limited (especially since he was injured). I don't remember hearin many people call for Lucas to start until the first preseason game.

As such, once again when the whole world sees these two guys in gamelike conditions, all the stuff we hear about training camp will be moot. If Griese walks onto the field throws a TD or two and doesn't throw any picks, we'll hear them pipe back up...trust me.

I agree with Oliver. Some people are not gonna be happy till Jay is dead.

Ozzy rules!!

Jay Fiedler is our Quarterback period. From what training camps have been saying, the previous statement should hold true throughout.

Back
Top Bottom