QB is not the issue. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB is not the issue.

Aquanator B1000

Starter
Reaction score
Whether or not the Dolphins have any success is not an issue of Culpepper vs. Harrington. It is an issue of Miami's lack of a running game.

The blame for this problem can be spread across the team.

First and foremost I blame MM for not trying enough. Even if every run is not successful, you must at least attempt to. This keeps the opposing defense honest, and it keeps the time of possession more evenly in Miami's favor.

Second, I blame the offensive line. They have gotten very little push, and Ronnie is ussually avoiding tackles the moment he is handed the ball. I have yet to see anything that I'd call a hole.

Third, Ronnie has been running unefficiently. He has lacked vision and has studdered too much. He needs to hit the hole and hold on to the ball!

The biggest reason our quarterbacks have not had success is we have yet to have a 100 yard game from our runningbacks.

Aquanator B1000 said:
Whether or not the Dolphins have any success is not an issue of Culpepper vs. Harrington. It is an issue of Miami's lack of a running game.

First and foremost I blame MM for not trying enough. Even if every run is not successful, you must at least attempt to. This keeps the opposing defense honest, and it keeps the time of possession more evenly in Miami's favor.

Second, I blame the offensive line. They have gotten very little push, and Ronnie is ussually avoiding tackles the moment he is handed the ball. I have yet to see anything that I'd call a hole.

Third, Ronnie has been running unefficiently. He has lacked vision and has studdered too much. He needs to hit the hole and hold on to the ball!

The biggest reason our quarterbacks have not had success is we have yet to have a 100 yard game from our runningbacks.

The only think I like about your post is your avatar.

This team, including Culpepper and Harrington, is pathetic.

The reason Ronnie studders his steps sometimes is because there is NO HOLE! Most of the time he just makes his own hole and then carries 2 defenders for a 2 or 3 yard gain.

Phanatical said:
The only think I like about your post is your avatar.

This team, including Culpepper and Harrington, is pathetic.

Great post...:rolleyes:

LouPhinFan said:
The reason Ronnie studders his steps sometimes is because there is NO HOLE! Most of the time he just makes his own hole and then carries 2 defenders for a 2 or 3 yard gain.

I agree that there hasn't been ANY HOLES. However, if he'd stop studdering, he could turn a 2 yard gain into a 3.

I know Ronnie has little to work with considering how bad the offensive line has been. But I don't think he's helping either.

Aquanator B1000 said:

agree 99%, i think daunte is holding the ball to long, but other than that your right.

Back
Top Bottom