Qb late in draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb late in draft

crosen1105

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am in favor of taking a qb in this years draft to develop behind Tanny. We have to many holes to fill early so Id take a flyer on Quentin Flowers from USF around 5. Thoughts?

I haven’t seen Flowers play, but I doubt he is even in the top 250 NFL draft prospects, or top 20 QB prospects. He is likely going to be an undrafted free agent. My thoughts are that if Allen or Mayfield fall to #11, why not take the highest rated QB on the board? Tannehill might or might not recover, and Cutler, Moore and Fales need to retire or be cut. Very few late rounders, or UDFA quarterbacks make the roster or end up at best on practice squads like Brandon Doughty.

I just googled Flowers, and he is listed at 5’10” 1/4....that’s going to make it tough.

Last edited:
Logan Woodside is my favorite 5th-7th QB. He shows great command, is accurate, throws with anticipation, throws receivers open, and he's aggressive pushing the ball downfield. Physically, he similar to Case Keenum, but he doesn't improvise as much.

Flowers would be great because if he fails at QB he can def play another position the kid has great athleticism and btw Flowers is definitely close to 6 feet...I’m 6’5

Attachments

• 702620FB-EA90-4430-B7E7-941DC17D9E16.jpeg
    702620FB-EA90-4430-B7E7-941DC17D9E16.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
If you take Quinton Flowers it's got to be with a plan of moving him to RB or another position. He's not a quarterback. I've been watching and evaluating the guy since he was in High School. He's always been a sub-par completion, sub-par accuracy guy. His throwing of the football is just not natural or consistent. The one consistent thing he would do for his entire career in South Florida was make passes that should be easy, consistent, no-brainers into adventurous coin flips.

We're talking about just chucking a football 18 or 20 yards through the air, with no pressure, stationary target, pitch and catch stuff like a father and son playing outside on Thanksgiving, and the ball goes sailing wide or high or turfs into the ground. If you've got a feel for this position you know which throws a quarterback should be able to make basically 10 times out of 10, and for him those throws have always been more like 7 times out of 10, if not lower.

If it were obvious footwork or mechanical issues that could be corrected that would be one thing. He's had 1000 throws in college, after being a big time quarterback (though a sub-50% completion guy) for a number of years in high school. It's not as if he just needs some more reps. This feels like an inherent accuracy thing, a lack of inherent, uniform consistency in the way he winds up and throws a football. It happens. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to throw a football with a perfect spiral and perfect accuracy 10 times out of 10. I just don't have it in me.

He's probably the best quarterback I have ever seen play at South Florida, and I've been attending all home games for quite a long time. By the end he had that Vince Young mystique about him, like Quinton Flowers just isn't going to let us lose this game. What he brought to the GAME every week was so consistent and beautiful, I love the hell out of that player and wish my team was filled with 22 of him.

His feet and elusiveness are maybe the best I've ever seen for a quarterback, since Michael Vick. I compare him to Dalvin Cook as a potential running back and I absolutely mean that.

I haven’t seen Flowers play, but I doubt he is even in the top 250 NFL draft prospects, or top 20 QB prospects. He is likely going to be an undrafted free agent. My thoughts are that if Allen or Mayfield fall to #11, why not take the highest rated QB on the board? Tannehill might or might not recover, and Cutler, Moore and Fales need to retire or be cut. Very few late rounders, or UDFA quarterbacks make the roster or end up at best on practice squads like Brandon Doughty.

I just googled Flowers, and he is listed at 5’10” 1/4....that’s going to make it tough.

Gase and company know more about this then us obviously, but unless Tannehill proves he will not be able to come back, or be close to the QB he was before the injury, taking a QB in the 1st or 2nd is a luxury Miami can't afford to make.

I would even have no problem if one of the premium QBs that Gase likes were to fall to the 2nd, to take a shot if the chose to, but Miami needs to use that 1st round, on either a Quality Pass-rushing Linemen, a quality LB, quality TE, or O-linemen...even a free safety.

Rd 1 or 2 is good. Thier is no thing as backup. Have him compete for starting job if u want backup keep Moore. Even Cutler doesn't want be backup....

Why late in the Draft? It seems likely that we will be moving on from Matt Moore as a backup QB, so we either sign a free agent veteran or draft somebody. If there is a player who we like in the Draft in one of the early rounds, I'm supportive of selecting him. Who knows? Maybe Baker Mayfield may be available at #11...

I am in favor of taking a qb in this years draft to develop behind Tanny. We have to many holes to fill early so Id take a flyer on Quentin Flowers from USF around 5. Thoughts?

QB early in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom