qb move is a win win situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

qb move is a win win situation

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
If pennington comes in and leads to the playoffs, its a win. If he comes in and the o still struggles it will show the Fo what we already know that henning is a complete retard, also a win (well as long as he gets fired).

While getting Henning fired is a win, it should happen today, not "until Pennington might not handle these awful playcalls". I consider every day Henning enters the office a loss.

I dont consider that a win/win, but thats just me I guess. Penny may give us a few more wins, but even his biggest supporters admit the playoffs are a long shot.

I think we miss out on playoffs. I just think it could be a win win sutuatio

What if he comes in and gets us 5 wins and 3 losses. Probably what Henne would have done. We sit at 9-7, and are 1 and 1/2 games out of the playoffs. The offense shows a little resurgence and we score more than we did. We actually go back to the running game and use it properly. PA passes work because we run. Henning cuts down on his stupid calls and gets a little simpler.

This won't prove a whole lot. Thats probably the worst scenario.

I'd prefer to go 6-2 or better obviously, but if we aren't going to make a push for the playoffs, then just suck so we know who to fire and what to fix.

10-6 and missing the playoffs despite an offensive resurgence would be worst-case scenario. However, Henning is going to retire after this season anyways - it's not like he'll be hanging around if the offense does well. It's just a question of does he leave as THE proven problem or not?

Henne has beaten the teams he's supposed to beat. There are at least 6 of those left (NE as 7th). Penny has to go undefeated to really give us something we wouldn't have had. The only way it's a 'win' situation is if we don't lose and make the playoffs. We're stuck in a LOSE situation: we're taking away Henne's chance to improve and try to take this team somewhere in the future. Instead, we're going with an old guy who can't do much better than we would have done anyway.

Back
Top Bottom