QB next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB next year

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We have all heard the rumors regarding Warner in Miami. Hate this idea but also hate the idea of bringing in a rookie. Something noone has mentioned is Kordell. I hate this idea too but it may happen. Juron may loose his job in Chicago and they didn't draft Grossman to ride the pine. If Norv keeps his job (and its looking more and more like he may) I could see Kordell in a Miami uniform next year. He is mobile, can throw deep and NORV LOVES THIS GUY. I heard he wanted Wanny to pursue Kordell when the Steelers cut him. I feel he is too inconsistant and lacks the mental aspect of the game, but I also see it as a real possibility. Thoughts?:confused:

Won't happen. The guy's a terrible player and has proven that over and over again. I'd rather have Ray Lucas back here; at least he knew he was a backup whereas Kordella thinks she'll be in the HOF someday! What a joke! :lol:

Kordella...hahaha!!! Yep, agree no Kordella in Miami!!!

Originally posted by Expo88
Won't happen. The guy's a terrible player and has proven that over and over again. I'd rather have Ray Lucas back here; at least he knew he was a backup whereas Kordella thinks she'll be in the HOF someday! What a joke! :lol:
i don't know if they will be available next year, but i'd welcome either hasselback. a rookie at this point is a definate no!:rolleyes:

I would welcome Tim Hasselbeck...Id like to have Tim's sisters-in-laws around town...

Elizabeth is HAWT!

clear.gif
Drag picture to address bar.

Put Kordell in line with Bob Stoops and Eli Manning.....cause unless they come on vacation, they ain't staying in Miami to work for the Fins. So Jauron will lose his job....that doesn't mean that Kordell is out of a job. If the Bears win the next week or 2, Grossman is going to see no playing time because they actually might have a shot at the division. Seeing as that they play @GB then home against Minn., it's a chance that the Bears winning the next 2 weeks puts them in the divisional race in the NFC North. My guess is Kordell won't put up strong numbers if he starts this week, they'll go to Chandler the next week, a loss again, and Grossman will see playing action the last week or two of the year.

I wouldn't want Kordell. He is an awful, awful QB.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
We have all heard the rumors regarding Warner in Miami. Hate this idea but also hate the idea of bringing in a rookie. Something noone has mentioned is Kordell. I hate this idea too but it may happen. Juron may loose his job in Chicago and they didn't draft Grossman to ride the pine. If Norv keeps his job (and its looking more and more like he may) I could see Kordell in a Miami uniform next year. He is mobile, can throw deep and NORV LOVES THIS GUY. I heard he wanted Wanny to pursue Kordell when the Steelers cut him. I feel he is too inconsistant and lacks the mental aspect of the game, but I also see it as a real possibility. Thoughts?:confused:

While i don't like the idea of Warner in Miami, I aboslutely HATE the idea of Kordell in Miami.

Let me ask you, why shouldn't we draft a rookie? The one reason we're in this predicament is because we never drafted a rookie prior to Marino's departure. Using a first round pick, and sitting him behind dan for 2-3 years (he would have got some playing time from the injuries) we could have another franchise QB. Jay is ok, but he's a patch guy, to bridge the gap between Marino and our next franchise QB (though we'll probably never see another marino). We NEED a rookie to sit, and learn the system. Bringing in older guys such as Warner or Kordell means they

1. are here for a few years max, that's IF they pan out

2. They have to learn a whole new system and we're expecting them to do that and hopefuly lead us to a superbowl in 2 years

Contrary to what people think, we DO have a young team. McMichael, Chambers and Ricky are extremely potent offensive weapons, and in their 20's. We should draft a QB this year, and sit him, hoping he'll be ready to take over in a year or two. We owe it to that trio to hook them up with a permanent QB. Our defense is aging and hasn't been able to get the job done. It's time to turn our attention to our neglected offense, and build around these young players.

While the offensive talent in miami is relatively young the defense (strength of the team) is not. They are all about 30 or so and on the older side. If we draft a QB he wont be ready until at least 2007. By then Pat, Jason, Zach, Timbo, Larry Jr, Sammy, Brock well the entire defense will be in the mid to late 30s. That is IF we could keep them together as thier min salaries increase. As for KORDELLA:lol: , I agree I would not want him here. I feel the same way about warner. I am just worried because Norv had an infatuation with him and I think he may be on the market next year.

Just Say NO!!!

No Kordell
No Kurt

No, No, No!!!!!

if you keep Griese / Fiedler both will have to restructure, you bring in a veteran (eg Warner) you don't know what he's got left, Stewart sucks plain & simple. But if you retain a majority of the key talent a rookie will not win now!!! Something to think about!! :groucho:

Sorry I meant to respond to this thread earlier but after hearing someone actually say Kordell could come to Miami I went into a state of shock, fell out of my chair and was left lying in a pool o fmy own vomit shaking and trembling for a couple of hours. Kordell in Miami? JUST SAY NO!

Originally posted by T-Bone
if you keep Griese / Fiedler both will have to restructure, you bring in a veteran (eg Warner) you don't know what he's got left, Stewart sucks plain & simple. But if you retain a majority of the key talent a rookie will not win now!!! Something to think about!! :groucho:

Possibly right, possibly wrong. There would be nothing wrong with sitting a Rook for a few seasons, by then our Defense will be old as the hills, and we'll have a potential franchise QB, franchise RB, franchise WR, and great TE to fall back on. What's the harm in that? We NEED to address this sooner than later. We allready spend buku amounts on our defense, we need one more huge move on offense (getting a franchise QB) and we'll be set for the next decade. you can expect our DB's and LB's to drop off one a year, those can wait until next year to be backed up, but we haven't had a real backup QB since Marino left, much less a genuine starting QB. Play has been questionable, though it recently got better, it could hold us back in the future again, if not with jay at the helm, if Jay goes down with an injury.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Possibly right, possibly wrong. There would be nothing wrong with sitting a Rook for a few seasons, by then our Defense will be old as the hills, and we'll have a potential franchise QB, franchise RB, franchise WR, and great TE to fall back on. What's the harm in that? We NEED to address this sooner than later. We allready spend buku amounts on our defense, we need one more huge move on offense (getting a franchise QB) and we'll be set for the next decade. you can expect our DB's and LB's to drop off one a year, those can wait until next year to be backed up, but we haven't had a real backup QB since Marino left, much less a genuine starting QB. Play has been questionable, though it recently got better, it could hold us back in the future again, if not with jay at the helm, if Jay goes down with an injury.
i wonder if strock can still play?:D

Back
Top Bottom