QB or OL in the 3rd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB or OL in the 3rd?

cowtowndick said:
I don't dismiss what you saw against Penn State, but at the same time, I saw him make some unbelievable throws last year as well. I guess it depends on when you want to pull the trigger on a QB - even assuming that you draft one this year. Does anyone know what the draft class for '06 looks like? Where is it deep, etc?
Oline. There are some monsters coming out and a few guys on the Dline I'll have my eye on. D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Eric Winston are prolly the top LT's comin out. And personally, Im gonna watch Ngawa from Oregon. All 3 Im hoping will be monsters next year and I forsee LT and DT as our positions of need next year.

Philter you and me seem to think alike, How would you feel with trading down a little, trading Surtain, acquire 2 2nd rders with those deals, get Caddy in the spot we where left, with one second get Chris Henry, the other second get Bullocks, Walters in the third and Wilkerson in the 4th, Jonathan Jackson from Okla. in the 5th and AJ Lindsay in the 7th? that would be a dream draft, a gunslinger, a deep threat, a big play RB who will only have some 20 touches a game, and a youth overhaul for the D along with our starting FS for years to come?

fiedler fan..jk said:
Say that we dont trade down and take a rb with the #2 overall. In the third round, would you rather take a qb like McPherson or someone on the o-line like Wilkerson or address a different position?

QB, in the 3rd, Center in the 4th.

Joey 22 said:
Walter in the 3rd, Wilkerson in the 4th, Marviel Underwood in the 5th and DL or LB in the 7th, plenty of UDFA coming for TC.

I like this.....

I'm hopping now that we get Baas with the 2nd from the Surtain trade and we pick a QB with the 3rd. If we don't get a 2nd, it would be tough to decide

Take Best Available regardless of position. The only position I wouldn't take is the position we take in the 1st round.

:yell: People... we need a friggin' line. :yell:

Without a much improved line, we may as well fart in the wind as far as the O goes.

New O-line coach? Great!
But that does not solve the problem by itself! We need improved personnel in the trenches.

A new QB would be great, but without protection how long will he be able to last?

Without someone to open holes, how far can a new RB go?

I like the idea of trading down, but if we can't get value for the #2 then I like Brown followed immediately by O-line.

Joey 22 said:
Philter you and me seem to think alike, How would you feel with trading down a little, trading Surtain, acquire 2 2nd rders with those deals, get Caddy in the spot we where left, with one second get Chris Henry, the other second get Bullocks, Walters in the third and Wilkerson in the 4th, Jonathan Jackson from Okla. in the 5th and AJ Lindsay in the 7th? that would be a dream draft, a gunslinger, a deep threat, a big play RB who will only have some 20 touches a game, and a youth overhaul for the D along with our starting FS for years to come?
I would love to trade down but in a draft like this, where is VERY deep in the mid-1st-round range, I dont see teams wanting to trade up. I think all these smokescreens from Saban are great, but I dont see them working. The only team I see maybe wanting to trade up would be Philly and Minny because they both NEED a WR and after Williams and Edwards, there is a good talent drop. I wouldnt wanna trade with Philly because their picks are too late IMO which leaves only Minny.

I feel we NEED to trade Surtain for a 2nd rounder and with that 2nd rounder I actually would push for a safety. Im not sold on Bell making the full year because of his injury problems and Im not satisfied with Tillman either.

Wilkerson IMO wont be available in the 4th, I dont think he drops that far. i have us taking him in the 3rd. We need a center and we dont have a 2nd round pick so taking Ben in the 3rd if he is there is a good move IMO. I think if we trade down, we dont take a RB and instead we take the BPA.

Say we trade down, I would like to see us get a guy like Merriman and I would take a RB later in the draft with the additional pick we get from trading down. Personally, I dont think Caddy translates into a good RB for the pros. He needs to work on catching the ball out of the backfield. I have been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon since early last year so I was hoping he would be available as a late 1st round pick but his stock has skyrocketed since my first mock draft.

Realistically, I dont see us trading out of the spot for the reason I dont think people are going to cough up their first, a latter round pick, and a first next year to be able to trade up. Therefore I see us taking Brown or Edwards with the first pick. However if we can trade down and trade Surtain and have 4 first day picks I would be delighted.

I do think the Browns will bite, if they dont bite the bluff, draft him (Smith) and have them pick the guy we want and then trade players and their second, if we do that we could still take Ronnie, and get a second in the process, you know pull a Charger. And I think the Surtain thing will also work out, If those 2 trades work out I cant think of us not taking Henry and Bullocks with those picks and well Cs are not gonna be taken until half way the second and I cant see Wilkerson, Spencer, Jason Brown, all being taken in that span.

Back
Top Bottom