QB question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB question

mag1carl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There has been some talk of us taking Smith if SF takes Rodgers, however I have been hearing that Smith's agent is asking a lot of cash for his client. If he falls to #2 do their demands fall? If not i dont see us taking him.

mag1carl said:
There has been some talk of us taking Smith if SF takes Rodgers, however I have been hearing that Smith's agent is asking a lot of cash for his client. If he falls to #2 do their demands fall? If not i dont see us taking him.

They would fall past #1 $, but if they are asking high for a #1 spot then they'd prolly ask higher than the average #2 spot too, IMO anyway.

Agent51 said:
They would fall past #1 $, but if they are asking high for a #1 spot then they'd prolly ask higher than the average #2 spot too, IMO anyway.

thas my dream but that likely wont happen. i followed cedric the past 4 years and i knew hed be the next jim brown, but 80% of fans here say hes a bust ill prove em wrong

Ug, man. Things were looking so great for a while there with us dangling Smith in front of a ton of teams. Damn 49ers. We kinda shot ourselves in the foot with getting a lot of attention for Smith's services.

its all about the value of the pick.

Man I hate Mike Nolan now. He couldnt sound more childish when he made that comment.

These draft "experts" contradict themselves on a daily basis. One day it's "well Smith has the same agent as Manning and is demanding HIGH $ from SF for him to sign there, especially cuz he doesn't wanna play, and Rodgers knows if he doesn't go #1 he could fall out of the top 10 so he is willing to play for less if SF takes him" then just today it was "Smith is the easier sign because he wants to play at SF and is willing to play for less and Rodgers is asking too much etc etc". Make up your damn minds. None of them know FOR SURE, but don't ake SUCH a drastic turnaround and contradictory statement within like 2 days. I HIGHLY doubt if 2 days ago Alex Smith "allegedly" didn't wanna play in SF and his asking price was REALLY high and Rodgers WANTED to play there being a hometown boy and was willing to go low $-wise that all that changed to the COMPLETE OPPOSITE today. 48hrs to have a guy who doesn't wanna play there and is asking way high to switch outlooks on a guy who is asking low so he can play for the hometown team, makes no sense.

I believe the first statement, that Smith didn't want to go to san fran.

But, either way, both of these guys should give half of their signing bonuses to matt leihnart to help him pay the bills in another year of college, cause without him, its possible neither one of them would have gone in the top 10.

If smith is drafted #1 rodgers will probably slide out of the top 10. Heck, either one of these guys could. Who knows, 2 of the big names will drop.

Tommatt said:
I believe the first statement, that Smith didn't want to go to san fran.

But, either way, both of these guys should give half of their signing bonuses to matt leihnart to help him pay the bills in another year of college, cause without him, its possible neither one of them would have gone in the top 10.

If smith is drafted #1 rodgers will probably slide out of the top 10. Heck, either one of these guys could. Who knows, 2 of the big names will drop.

LOL, mabe Matt stayed cuz, like Smith, he too DOESN'T wanna play for SF. That would be funny as hell. Matt is awesome and I can't wait for him to hit the NFL, I will like him no matter who he plays for, he rocks.

Agent51 said:
LOL, mabe Matt stayed cuz, like Smith, he too DOESN'T wanna play for SF. That would be funny as hell. Matt is awesome and I can't wait for him to hit the NFL, I will like him no matter who he plays for, he rocks.

You know, these past couple of days, I've been thinking the same thing. Either smith and Rodgers made a side deal with him so theyd be drafted higher :roflmao:

Or he just don't want to be a niner, and felt like rolling the dice.

Anything can happen on draft day. Honestly, Nolan is a smart guy and he's not going to draft Smith if he's not the right guy for his system. If so, we can go try and trade down.

I just don't see us trading down. Saban wants picks but he's staunch. He will only trade if he's getting such a big deal. I think he's the king of guy who would offer a 4th rounder for a quality cornerback and not give in.

Back
Top Bottom