QB questions are VERY premature | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB questions are VERY premature

RMCCane

Practice Squad
Reaction score
To even talk about swapping out QBs after 1 week is idiotic. Putting Henne in the game will solve nothing if the offensive line can’t keep the QB freaking upright.
There was no pass-blocking (Jake Long got BULLIED) and the run blocking was non-existent. Without protection, it really makes no difference in the world who is taking the snaps. Without production in the running game, it’s all on the quarterback who – as we established – had no time yesterday.
I put fault on Chad for 1 turnover – the interception. Terrible throw. Two Anthony Fasano fumbles is ridiculous and Chad’s fumble was, once again, on his offensive line. Could he have eaten the ball? Yes, but in the end, that particular turnover cost us very little. This one is all on the o-line in my opinion.

I think a lot of people had questions before this game so It dates back to at least after the Ravens game. Then this game would just confirm what they believed then.

I put fault on Chad for a few things.....the Int was ugly. He looked like a rook in the pocket. Even when the pocket was holding he was trying to get rid of the ball....anyone recall him throwin it in the dirt with nobody near him???

I blame Chad for our running game being crap too.

I don't see anything wrong with thinking of starting Henne if we start 0-3. At home, against buffalo. IF we start 0-3.

Penny deserves some time at least after taking us to the playoffs last year.

0-1 does not equal 0-3. FFinIraq, when you're getting hit all game like he was, QBs will definitely get happy feet. I think that play where he spike it in the dirt was obviously a clear miscommunication between him and the receiver. I definitely would have liked to see some effort and maybe make something out of it though...that pissed me off.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not a HUGE fan of Chad P. I haven't been a fan of any Dolphin QB since 13, but I guess my only point is that we need to at least block for Chad and see what he can do. If he gets in there with some time and sucks it up and makes bad decisions, believe me: I'll be the first one calling for him to get the hell out of the starting lineup.

On a more irrelevant note: God I wish we hadn't passed on Brees twice.

I put fault on Chad for a few things.....the Int was ugly. He looked like a rook in the pocket. Even when the pocket was holding he was trying to get rid of the ball....anyone recall him throwin it in the dirt with nobody near him???

I blame Chad for our running game being crap too.

Well you have to run the ball for it to be labeled anything. 4 carries for Ronnie Brown at halftime is utterly RIDICULOUS!!! You might be able to convince me that Pennington sucks, or Ted Ginn plays scared or even that we are doomed this season but you will Never convince me that there's a valid reason for only giving 4 carries to our best offensive player by halftime.

Definitely agree there, outlawd. The offense was all around poor and that will ultimately fall to the QB being the leader of the offense. Between a non-existent running game (as I said in my first post) and some of the softest o-line play you’ll ever see, I just don’t believe the finger can get pointed at Chad.

Well you have to run the ball for it to be labeled anything. 4 carries for Ronnie Brown at halftime is utterly RIDICULOUS!!! You might be able to convince me that Pennington sucks, or Ted Ginn plays scared or even that we are doomed this season but you will Never convince me that there's a valid reason for only giving 4 carries to our best offensive player by halftime.

Well it did seem like we were doing the classic run on 1st, run on 2nd and fail to convert on 3rd quite a bit. May have something to do with it.

To even talk about swapping out QBs after 1 week is idiotic. Putting Henne in the game will solve nothing if the offensive line can?t keep the QB freaking upright.
There was no pass-blocking (Jake Long got BULLIED) and the run blocking was non-existent. Without protection, it really makes no difference in the world who is taking the snaps. Without production in the running game, it?s all on the quarterback who ? as we established ? had no time yesterday.
I put fault on Chad for 1 turnover ? the interception. Terrible throw. Two Anthony Fasano fumbles is ridiculous and Chad?s fumble was, once again, on his offensive line. Could he have eaten the ball? Yes, but in the end, that particular turnover cost us very little. This one is all on the o-line in my opinion.
The reason the oline & running backs can't do anything is because they receive an intense amount of pressure clogging things up and outnumbering them because our QB cannot keep the defense honest.

sleek, while your picture is awesome, I disagree. When teams bring the heat on QBs like that, it's more of a reflection on the blitizing teams confidence in their secondary. That wasn't the case yesterday: their front was beating up our offensive line. Keeping the defense honest had nothing to do with it.

It was their d-line just overpowering our guys - they didn't need to do much blitzing.

Back
Top Bottom