QB Situation..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Situation.....

FinNation13

Starter
Reaction score
I live in New York so you guys have to keep me updated on this QB situation. As much as i was surprised by Ferotte's performance this yr, he CAN NOT be the starting qb next yr! Defintely can be the back up, but to WHO? I like Jay Cutler alot, but we need someone to step in right away, because we have the pieces. Draft Cutler and let him learn but who is available via free agency?

FinNation13

Fin for Life!!

I'll 2nd the Jay Cutler wish.....but I think he will be drafted before our #16 pick. So we may have to settle on Omar Jacobs, or not draft a QB and attempt to get a QB through free agency....I would take Daunte Culpepper if he is not injured....we may have to go with Gus another year and then get our franchise QB in 2007.....Quinn of Notre Dame??

FinNation13 said:
I live in New York so you guys have to keep me updated on this QB situation. As much as i was surprised by Ferotte's performance this yr, he CAN NOT be the starting qb next yr! Defintely can be the back up, but to WHO? I like Jay Cutler alot, but we need someone to step in right away, because we have the pieces. Draft Cutler and let him learn but who is available via free agency?

FinNation13

Fin for Life!!

I doubt Saban or any coach is gonna wanna mess with the QB structure as much as it would need to be by drafting Cutler and signing a free agent. Think about it, Lemon would probably be cut, Sage cut, Gus bumped to 3rd. Free agent signed to come in and start (now we have someone who is new to offense, starting...) And let's not forget that just drafting a QB could be a task depending on who's left at #16.

Sounds like a lot of work? Well that's why it will be one or the other, I can almost guarantee we won't draft a rookie and sign a new free agent to start.

Roman529 said:
I'll 2nd the Jay Cutler wish.....but I think he will be drafted before our #16 pick. So we may have to settle on Omar Jacobs, or not draft a QB and attempt to get a QB through free agency....I would take Daunte Culpepper if he is not injured....we may have to go with Gus another year and then get our franchise QB in 2007.....Quinn of Notre Dame??

Nice thought, but Quinn will most likely be taken in the top 5 next year, if not #1 overall.

Nice dream, but virtually no chance we get Quinn in 2007.

FinNation13 said:

FinNation13

Fin for Life!!

I think there is a better then good chance Gus is the starter in 06. We are too low in the draft to be in position to pick one at our first spot and also to low to trade up. I also don't think there will be a QB worthy of a 2nd rd pick come rd 2. As for FA this is also out of the question, I have not seen one player worthy of big money or worthy of a QB change being talked about in FA. I would like to see if the rumors about Lemon was all just a means to move AJ and his money or to add an upgrade to the QB position.

One thing I do know, uless Saban plans on regressing next year we won't be in a position to draft a QB then either. I don't see Saban going 3 years without seriously upgrading the position so it's very possiblle Saban will do something out of charcter to ugrade our QB position this year.

feelthepain said:
I think there is a better then good chance Gus is the starter in 06. We are too low in the draft to be in position to pick one at our first spot and also to low to trade up. I also don't think there will be a QB worthy of a 2nd rd pick come rd 2. As for FA this is also out of the question, I have not seen one player worthy of big money or worthy of a QB change being talked about in FA. I would like to see if the rumors about Lemon was all just a means to move AJ and his money or to add an upgrade to the QB position.

One thing I do know, uless Saban plans on regressing next year we won't be in a position to draft a QB then either. I don't see Saban going 3 years without seriously upgrading the position so it's very possiblle Saban will do something out of charcter to ugrade our QB position this year.

I'm all for it. But if he does it this way, it'll cost us...be that draft picks or players and of course salary...so when you ask Saban to 'do something out of character', it comes with a cost...

if scott linehan leaves than there goes ferrotes good season..he only did well b/c he knew the system..if he has to learn a new system than i would rather take my chances with a younger qb

LarryFinFan said:
I'm all for it. But if he does it this way, it'll cost us...be that draft picks or players and of course salary...so when you ask Saban to 'do something out of character', it comes with a cost...

Cost...as in money a player to be named and DP. IMO the deepest two positions on our team are RB and DE and both position have a player/players that could be traded. I leave it up to you guy's to speculate as to whom it might be. Ofcourse it also depends on which team we are dealing with.

I think our best option is to hang onto Gus for this year and draft a kid with some potential (Cutler if he is still around). I don’t see Kitna or Brooks as much of an upgrade over Gus. Gus had his moments but showed some consistency with back to back good games in the second half of the season.

we need to get a veteren who can step right in and wont move the team backwards. Most rookie qbs dont have successful first years.

Gus has proven to be a solid vet that can assist in grooming a rookie QB. why bring in ANOTHER vet when Gus already knows more about the system? isnt the idea to get a solid starting QB through the ranks as efficiently as possible? by pulling out Gus and putting in another vet it would set us back another year. Keep Gus in there while the up and coming rookie gets his feet wet a bit. Makes more sense to me.

FinNation13 said:

FinNation13

Fin for Life!!

I say trade whomever and out first round pick this year to Houston to the number #1 pick and take Young.. But alas that would most likely put a halt to the progress of this year since most likely it will entail , JT or Zach plus Ricky and the pick. We need JT and Zach obviously and Ricky is the only proven all pro on Offense.

Back
Top Bottom