QB Situation..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Situation.....

tucker said:
if scott linehan leaves than there goes ferrotes good season..he only did well b/c he knew the system..if he has to learn a new system than i would rather take my chances with a younger qb

Good point, I agree 100%.

feelthepain said:
Cost...as in money a player to be named and DP. IMO the deepest two positions on our team are RB and DE and both position have a player/players that could be traded. I leave it up to you guy's to speculate as to whom it might be. Ofcourse it also depends on which team we are dealing with.

I'm not arguing that Saban doesn't have to make a move. I think he most certainly should, but I also know that when he does, everyone is going to be crying about how much we gave up for a trade for a player or to move up in the draft. Will losing a 2nd or 3rd draft pick and say, RW be worth a potential franchise QB...IMHO, yes, but I know we'll hear all kinds of complaining when it happens...

FinNation13 said:
I live in New York so you guys have to keep me updated on this QB situation. As much as i was surprised by Ferotte's performance this yr, he CAN NOT be the starting qb next yr! Defintely can be the back up, but to WHO? I like Jay Cutler alot, but we need someone to step in right away, because we have the pieces. Draft Cutler and let him learn but who is available via free agency?

FinNation13

Fin for Life!!

Saban has stated he wants to upgrade the QB position. But he was 9-7 with Gus/Sage and IMO don't see him picking up a free agent QB from what's currently available. I would like to see us bring in a better free agent QB, but don't see any that would be major upgrades.
I know Cutler is liked by many. But one of things mentioned by posters is he gambles a lot and forces throws Favre-like because of the confidence in arm strength. Don't know if Saban would like a QB with this type of mentality instead of a more conservative QB that'll throw the ball away. Will be interesting if Saban does take or pass on Cutler if available at #16. And how badly he'll be flamed by the fans and media that wanted Cutler.

I think we should definitely draft a young QB instead of signing a FA... I just don't see anybody who we could reasonably get who would be a big upgrade over gus.

I don't agree we have all the pieces in place to make any kind of a playoff run next year... Our secondary needs a lot of help and the defensive line is very old.

let's watch gus's rollercoaster ride one more time while we draft young defenders and improve the ones we have... then start our new qb in 07

You can quote me on this, we wont win a playoff game with Gus at QB. The "Gus already knows the system" argument sets me crazy. Any nit-wit can learn our system over TC. We have to improve there...

Actually for those arguing that Harrington sucks...

Umm actually he's rated higher than Gus and if he was actually given the starting nod and backed with a good playbook and good playcalling he's very good. Fits this system to a T.

Get Favre and Cutler start Favre for 2 years and then when he retires Cutler comes in.

fiedlerwasAJoke said:
Get Favre and Cutler start Favre for 2 years and then when he retires Cutler comes in.
Wouldnt happen and I dont want him anyway.

what we need is a "Ben Roethlisberger" type Rookie who busts out and wins every game he starts in his first season(not counting post-season)

Blade2000 said:
what we need is a "Ben Roethlisberger" type Rookie who busts out and wins every game he starts in his first season(not counting post-season)

:lol: Do you have any idea how rare that is?

Mile High Fin said:
Nice thought, but Quinn will most likely be taken in the top 5 next year, if not #1 overall.

Nice dream, but virtually no chance we get Quinn in 2007.

How about this: We trade Ricky to the Jets this year for their 1st round pick next year. We make due with Gus and Lemon this year and take Quinn next year with the jets pick.

Back
Top Bottom