QB situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Feeley will start, Fiedlier will backup but who's #3? I don't think Sage will make the team that guy who is in NFL Europe for Miami will be third string I think. Any thoughts?

How do we know Feeley will start? What exactly has he proved? 5 games started in 2002 with a QB rating of 75.4, 6TDs with 5 ints, a pass completion of 55.8, all with an excellent built team around him? I don't think that qualifies as a starter. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Fiedler, but I see them as equal as of now. Once we answer who's our best #1 QB and if we should go after another QB prior to the start of the season, then I think we can ask questions regarding our 3rd, 4th, and 5th QBs.

Dolfan02 said:
How do we know Feeley will start? What exactly has he proved? 5 games started in 2002 with a QB rating of 75.4, 6TDs with 5 ints, a pass completion of 55.8, all with an excellent built team around him? I don't think that qualifies as a starter. I'm certainly not the biggest fan of Fiedler, but I see them as equal as of now. Once we answer who's our best #1 QB and if we should go after another QB prior to the start of the season, then I think we can ask questions regarding our 3rd, 4th, and 5th QBs.

he already won the starting job and he will keep it unless he has a really bad preseason or gets hurt and he should have the job to, Miami is not going to JAY again and they won't put their 2nd round pick to waste (the one traded for Feeley) He does not have to prove anything until the season starts when he gets onto the field and beleive me he is the answer to Miami's QB need

Feeley has not already won the starting job. There will be a competition. But given what we've seen of Feeley, including the zip and armstrength he's been putting on his passes so far just tossing it around, Feeley will have to fall flat on his face to lose the competition. He should be flat out more talented than Fiedler. Then again, its possible he is not...he is after all an unheralded late round guy who lost his starting job in college and won a few games because his team played lights out.

ckparrothead said:
Feeley has not already won the starting job. There will be a competition. But given what we've seen of Feeley, including the zip and armstrength he's been putting on his passes so far just tossing it around, Feeley will have to fall flat on his face to lose the competition. He should be flat out more talented than Fiedler. Then again, its possible he is not...he is after all an unheralded late round guy who lost his starting job in college and won a few games because his team played lights out.

he will win the job...Do you know that the Eagles WRs dropped more then 20 passes in the five games he started, and I am tired of people holding his 4-1 record against him by saying he won because of the Eagles D, He won because he threw TD's and the D helped him win but were not the only reason he won. You can't win if you don't score because even if the D does shutout the other team it will still be a tie unless your team scores. So all of you that hold it against Feeley just stop and see how he plays this year

I think Feeley will have a solid, if not spectacular, year. I've heard similar scouting reports as ck stating Feeley's throws have more zip on them, and his stats in clutch situations seem superior to Fiedler's recent history.

My point with the link was I seriously doubt we cut Sage loose after signing him to a year's extension.

They didn't pay Feeley to ride the pine.

Sage is cheap and just signed. I thin it will go:

Feeley
Fiedler
Sage

But who knows in Wanny's wacky world.

I think the open competition is more like the job is open so long as feeley doesnt do what we expect and think he will do. That is if JAy clearly outplays AJ and Aj does not appear to be grasping the offense or just not playing well, then Jay may end up starting, but AJ will have to stink not to win teh job.

ckparrothead said:
Then again, its possible he is not...he is after all an unheralded late round guy who lost his starting job in college and won a few games because his team played lights out.

1. He suffered an injury.

His destiny was tooken out of his hands threw no fault of his own.

2. Plenty of nfl figures have spoken highly of him.

Back
Top Bottom