QB situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation

rickeyrunsover said:
I think the open competition is more like the job is open so long as feeley doesnt do what we expect and think he will do. That is if JAy clearly outplays AJ and Aj does not appear to be grasping the offense or just not playing well, then Jay may end up starting, but AJ will have to stink not to win teh job.

Just my gut feel there as well, in light of expending a 2nd rounder on him, Wayne's comment, telling Jay to shop himself around, 4 years of Jay's inconsistency, and Spielman tying his reputation to the guy knowing that an upgrade at QB was needed (Wanny said the same thing).

nick19991 said:
he will win the job...Do you know that the Eagles WRs dropped more then 20 passes in the five games he started, and I am tired of people holding his 4-1 record against him by saying he won because of the Eagles D, He won because he threw TD's and the D helped him win but were not the only reason he won. You can't win if you don't score because even if the D does shutout the other team it will still be a tie unless your team scores. So all of you that hold it against Feeley just stop and see how he plays this year

Good point. For all these people who talk about how Feeley proved nothing, okay, his stats were not overwhelming, nor was the competition. But to call the Eagles' receivers even average is generous. I hear people say all the time how McNabb "needs more weapons." Well, Feeley had the same "weapons", or should I say lack thereof, to work with, and he produced a 4-1 record. Let's see what this guy does with two receivers (Chambers and Boston) better than anyone on the Eagles, a back (Ricky Williams) better than any one of the Eagles' backs, along with a very good tight end and fullback.

We have the perfect system for feeley to thrive in, imo.

Just as long as the O-line doesn't make me do this again :fire: :confused: :cry:

Also remember that in college, he lost his job, after an injury, to Joey Harrington. Now, you can fault him for not being able to win the job back, but it was against a pretty good QB, not some slouch...The jury is still out on him, he does have a stronger arm than JF and is actually a little better athlete. He has a solid football mind and was around football all his life. Time will tell, but the OL still has to come together for us as well...

nick19991 said:
and I am tired of people holding his 4-1 record against him by saying he won because of the Eagles D, He won because he threw TD's and the D helped him win but were not the only reason he won. You can't win if you don't score because even if the D does shutout the other team it will still be a tie unless your team scores. So all of you that hold it against Feeley just stop and see how he plays this year

Hey smart guy. What exactly is your position on Jay Fiedler? You seem to like AJ Feeley with his outstading and impressive record of 4-1, that you claim HE won bececause he "scored points". Hmm.... interesting. Whats Jay Fiedlers recored as a starter? 37-18? Im not sure... and Im not going to look it up... but he's won alot of games according to your thought process... why aren't you all for Jay? The Jay Nay Sayers say that it's all the defense that wins those games. So according to you, which is it? Is it the QB that wins or is the defense? Oh... and no double standards.

Spazzo

Thinking that jay will win the starting job when all is said and done is the definition of a "reach", imo.

TheBostonBomber said:
1. He suffered an injury.

His destiny was tooken out of his hands threw no fault of his own.

2. Plenty of nfl figures have spoken highly of him.

"Tooken" LOL! I love that word..
I say it myself some times.. :D

Back
Top Bottom