QB, WR, O-Line issues... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB, WR, O-Line issues...

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
I think that we will obviously address these problems in the draft and in FA.

I think Ogun is gone. We can't afford him. Hopefully we will get a first and a third. If not i'll take just a first for him.

Draft:-

We need a QB for the future. Philip Rivers is OUR QB of the future. We need WRs and OLineman.

1a - Philip Rivers QB
1b - Vernon Carey OG

3a - BJ Johnson WR
3b - Jerricho Cotchery WR

In FA we need a QB to sit for Rivers, it might be for eight games it might be for 2 seasons. Personally, i wouldn't mind Jay staying around. I think Woody would be a great pick up on our Oline as would somone like Chad Clifton.

We won't be able to get quality WRs, a QB and an Oline in this offseason, but we can get it over 2 (offseasons).

Patience is required. Rick and Dan know what they are doing.

not sure i want woody coming off an injury, it'd be typical though... when we need to make a run we get a guy that is coming off an injury and plays subpar

2 WR in the third round ? thats too much if you ask me, we have other holes to fill, but i sure like your picks in the first round though

I like what New England have done over recent years with picking up WRs and TEs in 2nd n 3rd rounds.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Deion Branch, Bethel Johnson, Daniel Graham.

I like BJ Johnson bcoz he is solid, and underated because of being overshadowed at Texas by Roy Williams. Jerricho Cotchery would be a nice pick if we did draft Rivers, bcoz he was the go 2 guy at NC State.

If we don't get Rivers then i think we should look linebacker with the second 3rd because Cotchery wouldn't be such a nice pick then. someone like Demorrio Williams (Nebraska). Maybe even corner on the off chance that somone like Vasher may slide.

I like the Rivers Carey picks. I agree we can afford to let OGun move on, but I am not sure other teams are willing to part with a number 1 for him.

I think there are a few. It may be crazy but Washington might.

Jacksonville, Minnesota, New England, Dallas, Buffalo, Houston, Seattle, Philadelphia.

All these teams may see Ogunleye as an investment. The DE talent in this years draft is thin. Udeze is extremely raw, and Will Smith is the next best. Then your talking about Odom.

I believe that Udeze will go high, but Ogunleye would be a more sensible trade for most teams looking to go DE in round 1

Graham was a 1st rounder they traded up to get. I'm not sure Carey makes the 1st round. He is carrying an injury, didn't show at the Senior Bowl at all, even for interviews and will have to perform lights out at the Combine to get into the top stanza.

I think that the Oline talent is thin in the draft.

Gallery is a top four pick.

Andrews may slip, but won't slip past Tampa at 15.

In all honesty Vernon Carey is still the third best lineman in the draft. And becasue of that i don't think he will slide to round two. I agree that he is a 2nd round talent, as was Rivers before the senior bowl. But the fact is that these guys are not going to slip to round 2.

Nat Dorsey is the next best. Then follows players like Jacob Rogers, Tony Pape, Shannon Snell, Adrien Clarke, Max Starks.

I also think that Carey would be most suitable because he is NFL ready and has come from a solid coaching system.

Last year we spent 2 3rd round picks on oLinemen. Wade Smith did alright, we didnt get anything out of Whitley.

Jake Grove has top 40 potential as does Chris Snee. Actually Carey probably carried a 1st round grade prior to the Senior Bowl, but I know people have been turned off by the attitude as it underlines well known problems with laziness.

I don't think Tampa could take Andrews considering Kenyatta Walker can only play RT and Andrews is a pure RT. Unless of course, they dump thier 1st rounder from 2 years ago. I would strongly suggest that Miami took Andrews if he got anywhere close to 20.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I like the Rivers Carey picks. I agree we can afford to let OGun move on, but I am not sure other teams are willing to part with a number 1 for him.

I would like to get rivers at 20 and trade down our other pick (if originally a late first), trade down and get another 2nd or 3rd and get Max Starks RT. Oh yeah.......:tongue: forget WR, plenty of those to go around and you basically only need two unless we start breaking out with 5 WR sets. We have WR's though. Time for JR and Simmons to step up.

Build the offensive line if you wish to beat New England!

Back
Top Bottom