Qblessitis... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qblessitis...

Brunell > Fiedler

I still think believe Fiedler can establish himself as one better QB around the league if he can stay healthy and sorround him with better talent.I think a change at QB might be best thing for franchise and Fiedler.I'm sure if he is cut that he will find himself in Dallas which could be great situation for him.

Originally posted by minus
Brunell > Fiedler

I still think believe Fiedler can establish himself as one better QB around the league if he can stay healthy and sorround him with better talent.I think a change at QB might be best thing for franchise and Fiedler.I'm sure if he is cut that he will find himself in Dallas which could be great situation for him.

Oh I wasnt aware that Dallas had an opening for Quincy Carters jock strap holder. Hmmmmm and I thought sportscenter went over all of the vacancies.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Oh I wasnt aware that Dallas had an opening for Quincy Carters jock strap holder. Hmmmmm and I thought sportscenter went over all of the vacancies.

if you think Quincy is better than Fiedler than your really don't have clue.The tuna will be looking for a veteran QB who fit his mold at QB which Fiedler does.Dallas Cowboys are just one quality RB and decent QB from being a powerhouse.

Originally posted by BizarroAndres
I think its just that people want another marino, i.e. another guy that makes records but never wins it all
don't get me wrong, i don't want to give up on jay!;)

if you think Quincy is better than Fiedler than your really don't have clue.The tuna will be looking for a veteran QB who fit his mold at QB which Fiedler does.Dallas Cowboys are just one quality RB and decent QB from being a powerhouse.

Check out last years QB rating and TD to INT ratio. Hard to melieve but Quincy is actually better.

Carter 71.4

Fiedler 72.4

Jay didn't have luxury of playing whole season.Is really not fair how people think Jay sucks when in reality he never had a good oline since his first year as a starter plus the weapons at WR.I would like to see what Jay can accomplish if he can remain healthy sorrounded by better talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Check out last years QB rating and TD to INT ratio. Hard to melieve but Quincy is actually better.

Well here they are-

QC- 2002- 56.6% comp, 7 TD, 8 INT (.466 ratio), 6.54 YPA, 72.3 QBR
2003- 57.8% comp, 17 TD, 21 INT (.447 ratio), 6.63 YPA, 71.4
QBR

AVG= 57.2 % comp, tot 24 TD, tot 29 INT (.452 ratio), 6.58 YPA, 71.8 QBR

JF- 2002- 61.3 % comp, 14 TD, 9 INT (.608 ratio), 6.93 YPA, 85.2 QBR
2003- 57% comp, 11 TD, 13 INT (.458 ratio), 6.81 YPA, 72.4 QBR

AVG= 59.1% comp, tot 25 TD, 22 INT (.531 ratio), 6.87 YPA, 78.8 QBR

I beg to differ Finatic, but JF over takes QC in all these stats, close but, JF is better actually...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude: "The Future is so Bright I go to Wear Shades"

Last edited by a moderator:
Carter 71.4

Fiedler 72.4

Jay didn't have luxury of playing whole season.Is really not fair how people think Jay sucks when in reality he never had a good oline since his first year as a starter plus the weapons at WR.I would like to see what Jay can accomplish if he can remain healthy sorrounded by better talent.

You need to think past this last season into the previous one. THe line played well, opening holes for Ricky, and provided Jay with adequate time. No, it wasn't there this year, but it doesn't change the fact that...

The year before he had an awesome RB, a great WR, OG was still a fantatastic #2 posession receiver, McMichaels, and a more than adequate line, and he still couldn't get it done.

And you talk about staying healthy. That factors into how good a QB is too. Every QB is going to take a beating at least one game per year, granted this year was more than others, but the season before he took an average beating, and still ended up getting injured, and in the process hung our #1 WR Chris chambers out to dry getting him a concussion. He also seemingly tried to do so this year wtih Chambers and Ricky in the same game. Ricky had hurt his shoulder on the previous play, but he seemed to be alright until Jay slung the ball behind him allowing him to get smoked. That's not something I want to see again.

And Jay has proved this year that when he has the time, he is still inconsistent. He throws over, and behind receivers, rarely hitting them in stride, leaving little room for RAC yards. And his weak arm totally negates the deep threat, allowing the opposition to stack the box.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, he makes good reads, and has good pocket presence, but that's not enough right now. We need a QB capable of making those throws. Until then our talented offense will be handicapped by the QB's inability to get them the ball.

Originally posted by Graythreat

You need to think past this last season into the previous one. THe line played well, opening holes for Ricky, and provided Jay with adequate time. No, it wasn't there this year, but it doesn't change the fact that...

The year before he had an awesome RB, a great WR, OG was still a fantatastic #2 posession receiver, McMichaels, and a more than adequate line, and he still couldn't get it done.

And you talk about staying healthy. That factors into how good a QB is too. Every QB is going to take a beating at least one game per year, granted this year was more than others, but the season before he took an average beating, and still ended up getting injured, and in the process hung our #1 WR Chris chambers out to dry getting him a concussion. He also seemingly tried to do so this year wtih Chambers and Ricky in the same game. Ricky had hurt his shoulder on the previous play, but he seemed to be alright until Jay slung the ball behind him allowing him to get smoked. That's not something I want to see again.

And Jay has proved this year that when he has the time, he is still inconsistent. He throws over, and behind receivers, rarely hitting them in stride, leaving little room for RAC yards. And his weak arm totally negates the deep threat, allowing the opposition to stack the box.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, he makes good reads, and has good pocket presence, but that's not enough right now. We need a QB capable of making those throws. Until then our talented offense will be handicapped by the QB's inability to get them the ball.

The line always struggle pass blocking.

Back
Top Bottom