Qb's Audibling Without Permission.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb's Audibling Without Permission..

Finner89

Active Roster
Reaction score
RT was advised to hand the ball off on 3rd down. What if RT changed the call, and passed? Ultimately, what type of punishment (If any) do you think he'd face?

Something I was curious about.

None whatsoever...

In my eyes, there was no losing situation involved with him trying to pass for a 1st down.

I think Gase and Tannehill have a decent relationship and Gase might have asked what Tannehill thought he saw to justify changing the call. As long as Tannehill had a half way decent answer and didn't say "Oh I didn't see anything in my pre-play read, I just hated your @$#%! play call" he would have likely been ok.

I think Gase and Tannehill have a decent relationship and Gase might have asked what Tannehill thought he saw to justify changing the call. As long as Tannehill had a half way decent answer and didn't say "Oh I didn't see anything in my pre-play read, I just hated your @$#%! play call" he would have likely been ok.
He shoulda just done it and then told Gase to stick the play back down his pie hole.

But he didn’t, and he can’t, because RT doesn’t bite. He is like taking a hen to a coc*kfight

RT was advised to hand the ball off on 3rd down. What if RT changed the call, and passed? Ultimately, what type of punishment (If any) do you think he'd face?

Something I was curious about.

FIRST time, likely a chewing out, even if it's successful. (Unless the QB has the option). Maybe a Brees could get away with it. Mid-tier or lower? There's a reason they don't risk it

Tannehill is happy to run the play that's called, less responsibility for him and if doesn't work not his fault.

He can just trot back the sidelines without fear or reprimand. That's how he likes it, happy to trot back the sidelines.

Tannehill already said that he's pretty much ok with anything Gase calls. I mean, have we ever seen Tannehill mad about anything? I see QB's on other teams get very upset when a play doesn't work or when they don't score. Tannehill always seems to be ok regardless of what the offense does which is why I believe he'll never been a great QB. He just doesn't have that passion to want to be the best.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but against Cincy didn't Tannehill audible out of a run on 3rd and 1...he rolled out and launched one in Stills' direction?

Another angle not mentioned is maybe they don't trust Tannehill to audible because he's not very good at it?

But yeah.... his blind acceptance, wish washy demeanor, flat line passion combined with mediocre skill is why he & we will never achieve great (or even good) results with him as QB. IMO, the sooner he's gone the better. Even though I have no love or appreciation for Gase I'm willing to see what he could do with a new guy of his choosing (some early mocks have us grabbing Herbert or Grier...not my choices but hey, who knows?) and supposed "guru-ness". Plus, then Gase will have no excuses for failures since he "shopped for the groceries". I really think Gase gets a pass this year and Tannehill goes...then Gase has next season and 2020 as a make or break years (of course with Ross, who knows....Gase may be here 5 more years of mediocrity after that).

For all we know Gase, despite saying all the right things, feels or knows he is hamstrung with an ineffective, marginal QB and wants to move on/develop his own guy.....hopefully, in 2019 he gets that chance.

Last edited:
Tannehill is happy to run the play that's called, less responsibility for him and if doesn't work not his fault.

He can just trot back the sidelines without fear or reprimand. That's how he likes it, happy to trot back the sidelines.

Tweaked it.
"Most QBs are happy to run the play that's called, less responsibility for him and if doesn't work not his fault."

As Arians once said, no riskit, no biscuit. Or as the SAS like say "Those who dare, win". Gase is Philbin 2.0, a so called offensive genius masquerading as as head coach and Tannehill is masquerading as a franchise QB.

Even though I have no love or appreciation for Gase I'm willing to see what he could do with a new guy of his choosing...

Gase chose to keep Tannehill, and Gase and the Front Office chose NOT to draft a replacement. And, Gase had history with both Osweiler and Cutler, which is probably why they were signed. IMO, Gase already had his chance to get a new QB and refused to do so.

Back
Top Bottom