QB's in this years draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's in this years draft

I actually do not really like any draft eligible college quarterback. Probably the best one availible is Jason Gesser from Wazzu(Washington St.) however he seems to be injury prone.

Originally posted by Chubby
An Offensive line in the 1st round would honestly make a bigger difference for us next year than a QB would

Agreed, this team needs OL help.
A big mean nasty guy who likes not only to win but to plant people into the turf.

Originally posted by SuavePhin
Is it me or am i the Only one who finds it odd that we're talking about drafting QB's when we (well most) are realizing how good Fiedler is for us?? i say fugedabodit!!! draft freaking OL or LB or WR

:yell:

I can't look at your friggin posts anymore!

Your Leann pic is killing me!!!!!!!
Man has she grown up!
I'm out..... I've got to go wake my wife up and ....... well never mind, I'm just out of here. :evil:

Letwich will play for the Bengals if he's drafted. The Bengals aren't a bad team. If they can lock Takeo Spikes up, get a couple of young guards, a couple of corners and a QB, then they are a solid team. They are not far away. They also need to jettison that ridiculous owner masquerading as a GM, but if drafted Leftwich will play for them no matter what he said on the radio.

Are you guys not looking at the big picture? Jay is a solid guy who will be here for a few more years. We need to draft a QB not for next year but in a few years, you have to groom a QB and let him sit for a few years and learn the NFL. If you are satisfied with average than stay that way, but we need to make a step to improve the play of the most important position and that's QB. Palmer is the perfect person for this O, if he's not the guy who most resembles Aikman in the last 5 years I don't who does.

I have posted this many times but top LT are the only position we really need to go after, the other positions can be picked up if you scout hard enough. Nails was off the street, at least 20 teams have starting OL who weren't even drafted. Jerman is an example of finding promising guys to play OL. They're out there you just need to do your homework.

I'll admit an OL would help us the most next year, but we need to look at the future and the best thing to o is strike in the next year of the QB since '83. We got a guy that year who turned out ok. Or if the guy we want isn't there, trade down and still get the guy you would have had there instead of over paying for a guy.

Originally posted by Trekbiz
:yell:

I can't look at your friggin posts anymore!

Your Leann pic is killing me!!!!!!!
Man has she grown up!
I'm out..... I've got to go wake my wife up and ....... well never mind, I'm just out of here. :evil:

ahhh im sorry man, i guess i'll have to put up a new pic so i wont put you in an early grave (either heart attack or wife killing you for drooling on the keyboard) hehe :D

I don't think Miami will take a QB this year. T, LB, and Wr will most likely be Dave's biggest concern. I doubt Dave will draft a QB untill this team has sub .500 year. When you are a legitamite SB or post season contender you don't want to draft a first round QB because if he starts the learning curve takes you out of contention, and if he doesn't the preasure from the media and fnas to see their first round QB can kill a team.

That being said just to talk about the QB comming out my first choice would be Dave Ragone. He plays the closest to a NFL offense than the other big names. He is a big with a rocket arm, and many have praised his leadership skills. If I was takeing a JR QB it would have to be Jared Lorenzen from Kentucky. The hefty lefty is just awesome. He is winner on a horrible football team. I doubt this team would have won 1 game this year with out him, moreless 6. He has 24 tds and 3 ints playing in the SEC with inferrior talent around him. He is just awesome! The pick for surprise QB is Brian Banks from Iwoa. The NFL sometimes forgets about 1 very important question when they are picking and proding their top prospects. Is this kid a winner? Well Brian Banks has taken a forgotten Iwoa team from obscurity to challenging for the Rose Bowl. I am not sure about his arm strength, but this kid has thrown for 25+tds 2000+ yards only 4ints, and he is just as big of a threat with his legs running for another 300 yards and 5 tds. If his arm strength measures up at the combine, this kid will rocket up the charts. He is in the mold of Mcnabb and Vick witch is very chic right now, so don't be surprised if he clims up to a first round pick if his arm strength measures up.

I don't like those type of QB's as they usually don't win big games or the playoffs. Look at the numbers on those guys. It's almost always a pocket pass that's successful in the playoffs.

Carson Palmer plays in a pro-system all the way. Norman Chow has always been a pro-style guy and he should be better in the pros than in college because of it. Yes you do draft a QB when that's a weakness and it's an unbelieveable draft for them.

What do you propose reach for a QB in a few years and have no time to develop him? The best scenario for a QB is to go to a place where he can sit and learn before playing. The draftee would have a few years and then be the man.

Originally posted by Phinstd

What do you propose reach for a QB in a few years and have no time to develop him? The best scenario for a QB is to go to a place where he can sit and learn before playing. The draftee would have a few years and then be the man.

I understand what you're saying, but we need help on the offensive line. Ricky needs to run through holes. If we were to pick up some linemen in FA, then drafting a QB early might be a good choice IMO.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I don't like those type of QB's as they usually don't win big games or the playoffs. Look at the numbers on those guys. It's almost always a pocket pass that's successful in the playoffs.

Carson Palmer plays in a pro-system all the way. Norman Chow has always been a pro-style guy and he should be better in the pros than in college because of it. Yes you do draft a QB when that's a weakness and it's an unbelieveable draft for them.

10 years ago you are right, but "now" is everyhting in today's NFL. You trade a late draft pick and pick up Rosenfells, and groom him untill you rebuild. I would look for Miami to cut Lucas(unless he breaks out for 3 huge games), and sign a vet in the Beurline or O'Donnell mold. You just can't draft a first round QB to sit on the bench in a year you are going to have limited draft choices, and major holes in your starting line up. Right now we don't have a starting WR opposite Chambers for next season. T is a major concern due to Dixon's health over the past few years, and he has already been close to calling it quits. I also suspect Rogers will get the axe, so we can keep a guy like Thomas due to the salary cap. That leaves a major hole at OLB. I think you have to look at what happend 2 years ago in the draft for proof. Brees was there, but Wanstedt tryed to fill a hole that sees a lot of playing time. We had alot more question marks at QB 2 yeas ago than we do right now.

Back
Top Bottom