Quality Control Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quality Control Coaches

zephon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what exactly do the Quality Control Coaches coach?

Anyone?

What....doesn't anyone know what these guys do?

Surely I'm not the only one who questions what "dark arts" these coaches pratice

I believe they set up the film for preparation, strategy, coaching meetings, team meetings etc.

Probably just people Saban wanted on his staff and I guess everyone needs to have a "name" so they just chose quality control. :lol:

thank you gentlemen. It sounds like you are all correct or at least that's what I see these guys doing/being.

Typically they keep track of things like timeouts, managing the game, tempo, stuff like that. Like someone said, glorified secretary.

Each team ususally has couple.

It's the "GET BACK" guy. He is usually one.

The guy who stands near the head coach on game days and makes sure the team doesn't inch and inch and inch closer to the field. And is always behind the necessary lines. The guy who is always screaming......."GET BACK" waving their arms pretending to push the team back to tell the players, get back or else we are about to get a stupid warning or penalty.

Best job in sports! GET BACK GUY! Every team in every level of football has one.

Another might be a guy who is in charge of the 2-pt conversion chart. Before each series he tells the head coach, if we score one or two. Like after the opening kickoff, before the first snap, he gets on the head-set and tells the coach..."go for one". And does that before EVERY offensive possesion starts.

They are guys who are related to real coaches and team executives who can't get a H.S. coaching gig so they tag along for a while building up their resumes - not a bad idea if you want to get into the business

Quality Control in training, practices etc. really relates to statistical frequencies, timing, tempo...stuff like that. If guys are doing certain things too often, they can be slowed down, changed up or alternated.

Back
Top Bottom