Quarteback development | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarteback development

hal20001963

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Today shows that this team has worked with quartebacks that came from other team's scrapheaps: Damon Huard, Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Ray Lucas, Gus Frerotte and yes Daunte Culpepper; Minnesota gave the Dolphins damaged goods. I think the organization's owners, Joe Robbie and Wayne Huizinga (gulp!) and the coaches Don Shula, Jimmie Johnson, Dave Wannstedt and Nick Saban have never gave a thought about developing a young quarterback for the future: Drew Brees, Charlie Whitehurst, Tom Brady, Charlie Frye, etc. because the team had an aging Dan Marino or the media's favorite son: Jay Fiedler. The lack of developing a potential franchise quarterback is going to bite this team for many years to come. Culpepper looked like a scared chicken in the pocket today where he was afraid to pull the trigger down the field; he might be physically healed but I think he is permanently damaged mentally. I think Minnesota knew definately something about Culpepper where they gladly took a second round pick from a franchise that is absolutely clueless when it comes to making trades throughout their history. It is starting to look like that Randy Moss made Culpepper and the Vikings are 2-0 without Culpepper and Moss. The Miami Dolphins next year need to draft a quarterback and develop him for the future and do not rely on other team's quarterback castoff traded for vailable future draft picks. :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

actually, Shula did indeed try to develop a young QB to succeed Marino. Scott Mitchell was the heir apparent to Marino's throne, but he played well enough for the Lions to offer him a starting job when his contract with the Phins was up.
Fiedler was not the Media's favorite son, only Dave Wannstedt.

Scott Linehan had more to do with Culpepper's success than did Moss.

Back
Top Bottom