Question About Dl In This Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question About Dl In This Draft

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

I am not an draft expert, and I don't see much collège football here in France.

IYO what is the deeper position this year DT or DE ?

Today (before FA), I coud live with a draft of Sweat or Burns (in the first), Willis (DT form Miami) and Bentley at QB (with our second and third),

Thanks

Hello from France!

Honestly, I feel a lot better about the defensive tackle group, but part of that might be because Miami has basically struck out with their last two defensive ends that the team drafted in the first round (Jordan and Harris). I thought both were more suited for a 3-4 defense, but not sure either would have succeeded in that role. I could see the Dolphins switching to a 3-4 with a new defensive coordinator, though.

Nick Bosa looks like a star at DE. Clelin Ferrell is probably next in line and a likely top 10. After that there are a lot of undersized pass rushers and that's what concerns me somewhat because Miami needs a complete end who can rush the passer and set the edge.

At defensive tackle, the draft is absolutely loaded. Ed Oliver has drawn some comparisons to Aaron Donald. Very quick and disruptive. Quinnen Williams, of Alabama, has been a force this year and I've seen him mocked in the top five. Jeffery Simmons of Mississippi State is another disruptive player, who has some off the field issues that could drop him a round or two. Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence of Clemson should both go in round 1. Wilkins is better against the pass, while Lawrence is an old-school run stuffer. Rashan Gary of Michigan is very athletic. Derrick Brown of Auburn is huge and another run stuffer. I like him a lot.

I know I'm missing some players, but I could see maybe eight DT's go round one.

Back
Top Bottom