Question about premium membership | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about premium membership

BLITZKRIEG said:
I highly doubt that I'm the very first, and only person to voice his own personal negative opinion of the VIP Forum. Here I am getting singled out again. Big surprise there. This place has become more and more corrupt with inflated ego's and arm chair GM's than we can handle anymore....

Here's a great thread that about sums it all up....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=125880

Since when is a personal opinion considered protesting???...

Methinks people who say "methinks", need to learn proper vocabulary.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Seems like every vip or mod on this board is directly affecting you in a negative way. I think maybe you should take a break for awhile. All I seem to see from you is complaining, be it about the mods or the vips.

ether79 said:
Seems like every vip or mod on this board is directly affecting you in a negative way. I think maybe you should take a break for awhile. All I seem to see from you is complaining, be it about the mods or the vips.

Be it about ANYTHING. Someone get him a little cheese with that whine.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I highly doubt that I'm the very first, and only person to voice his own personal negative opinion of the VIP Forum. Here I am getting singled out again. Big surprise there. This place has become more and more corrupt with inflated ego's and arm chair GM's than we can handle anymore....

Here's a great thread that about sums it all up....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=125880

Since when is a personal opinion considered protesting???...

Methinks people who say "methinks", need to learn proper vocabulary.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

What sums it all up is...that you have a serious attitude problem.
And yes.. you are the first and only to have an issue with it.
METHINKS you should stop attempting to insult my vocabulary, and take some refresher courses in social skills. You're not getting "singled out", but rather you're getting the attention you're begging for by being antagonistic towards the staff.
This all begs the age old question:
If it's so horrible here that you can't stand it, then why on earth do you keep coming back?

If it's so horrible here that you can't stand it, then why on earth do you keep coming back? That is a very good point! Hey Blitz, take some time away for a bit, and come back ready to talk Dolphin football. At that time if you have any open issues, pm a Mod that can best help you bro, and work this out! We need more positivity here at the site.:wink: Talk the Mods in a pm and they will work with you, on any legit issues. Try to come up with a solution to what you see as a problem, rather then being negative, because by being negative no one wins bro.:wink:

inFINSible said:
I would campaign for you which would virtually guarantee your acceptance but, my old beat up car isn't running too well and it would be too hard for me to get around, passing out flyers, staging rallies, shaking hands...etc etc... I really need a new car but I don't know where I'll ever find the money to get one....*sigh*

Im not above being bribed. :goof:

BLITZKRIEG said:
I hope I'm not the only one who see's what's really going on here.....

This VIP Forum / Premium Membership is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP / Premium Superior".....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP / Premium members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum / Premium members are only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done....

I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

I have a question for you blitz,
Do you log on to finheaven or does finheaven log on to youre computer????

I am not a member of anything.
No vip, No donatater, No premium, no nothing.
I have no problems here.
I even have my own smilie :wpat:
So whats the difference????
You are always looking to complain.
And I will be here to meet you when you stick up for youre "rights"
Please see my last post when you were ******* the last time.

WharfRat said:
What sums it all up is...that you have a serious attitude problem.

My attitude has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. But, since most of you guys do not concur with my opinions of this topic, I come across as someone who's bucking the system in your eyes. You're labling me as a problem child simply because I don't agree with you on the inner workings of Finheaven. Attitude has nothing to do with it....

I've managed to keep my temper level as even as possible when I'm posting. I'm not insulting anyone, and I'm certainly not attacking anyone by stating my opinions here, I'm simply excercizing my rights to use freedom of speech, and freedom to believe what I choose to believe....

And yes.. you are the first and only to have an issue with it.

As I'm sure you can see, more and more members are starting to coming out, and are expressing having problems with this points system. I'm far from being alone in my opinions of this method of punishment.....

METHINKS you should stop attempting to insult my vocabulary, and take some refresher courses in social skills.

Methinks you should too....

You're not getting "singled out", but rather you're getting the attention you're begging for by being antagonistic towards the staff.

Yeah, I've been here since 2002, and now all of a sudden I'm begging for attention. YAWN....ZZZ.....

I've had issues with certain staff memebers in the past, and still do today. Nothing has changed. When I feel I'm being unfairly punished, my natural instinct is to question why, and to try and understand the reasoning behind it. Nothing more....

This all begs the age old question:
If it's so horrible here that you can't stand it, then why on earth do you keep coming back?

Because even with it's flaws, and it's "arm chair GM's that get on your nerves", it's still the best damn Phinz web board in existance....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
My attitude has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. But, since most of you guys do not concur with my opinions of this topic, I come across as someone who's bucking the system in your eyes. You're labling me as a problem child simply because I don't agree with you on the inner workings of Finheaven. Attitude has nothing to do with it....

I've managed to keep my temper level as even as possible when I'm posting. I'm not insulting anyone, and I'm certainly not attacking anyone by stating my opinions here, I'm simply excercizing my rights to use freedom of speech, and freedom to believe what I choose to believe....

As I'm sure you can see, more and more members are starting to coming out, and are expressing having problems with this points system. I'm far from being alone in my opinions of this method of punishment.....

Methinks you should too....

Yeah, I've been here since 2002, and now all of a sudden I'm begging for attention. YAWN....ZZZ.....

I've had issues with certain staff memebers in the past, and still do today. Nothing has changed. When I feel I'm being unfairly punished, my natural instinct is to question why, and to try and understand the reasoning behind it. Nothing more....

Because even with it's flaws, and it's "arm chair GM's that get on your nerves", it's still the best damn Phinz web board in existance....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

ahhh...but you first stated that everyone would have a problem with VIPers... now you change that to everyone will have a problem with the points system?
BLITZKRIEG said:
This VIP Forum / Premium Membership is nothing but a modified version of a high school click. It a great way alienating the "every day average members", to those who are all of a sudden "VIP / Premium Superior".....

To that statement, I responded that you are the first to complain about the VIP/Premium sections. Which you are.
Point system? yes, many have expressed concerns, what most of them failed to realize, is that the only change there, is that YOU can now see the "warning level". The staff has been tracking repeat offenders for as long as I've been an Admin (which was when Gram retired). The only changes are:
Now it's consistent, and the user can see where they stand. Not sure why an intelligent reasonable person such as yourself should have an issue with that.
Perhaps, instead of being inflammatory, you might try a different approach.
Deliberately breaking the rules because you may not like them comes across much differently than asking a well worded question here, and since your vocabulary skills are at a self-professed high level, you should have no problem with that.
Case in point: I do not like the law that says I cannot walk round in public naked, yet I certainly would not parade back and forth in front of the police station with no clothes on, waving my fists, chanting about how unfair it is. All that will do, is cause me to be singled out by the police. Hence, when you posted a complaint in the dolphins forum, relating to your not liking the rule telling members (all members, not just you) to post in the appropriate forum, you are in essence doing just that.
Keep in mind also, regarding your "freedom of speach" statement, that while that may be your inexorable right in America, it does not necessarily hold true here. This is not a public forum, it's privately owned. The rules are here for a reason, and we expect you to adhere to them, if you wish to keep the priveledge (not a right) to post here.
Instead of feebly attempting to insult my intelligence, perhaps you should take a long hard look at how you are coming across, and ask yourself if you would permit a guest in your home to act in the same manner.

welderpat said:
I have a question for you blitz,
Do you log on to finheaven or does finheaven log on to youre computer????

I am not a member of anything.
No vip, No donatater, No premium, no nothing.
I have no problems here.
I even have my own smilie :wpat:
So whats the difference????
You are always looking to complain.
And I will be here to meet you when you stick up for youre "rights"
Please see my last post when you were ******* the last time.

:yes:

Some ppl just need attention, welder. That's what it comes down to, IMO.

WharfRat said:
ahhh...but you first stated that everyone would have a problem with VIPers... now you change that to everyone will have a problem with the points system?

To that statement I responded that you are the first to complain about the VIP/Premium sections. Which you are.
Point system? yes, many have expressed concerns, what most of them failed to realize, is that the only change there, is that YOU can now see the "warning level". The staff has been tracking repeat offenders for as long as I've been an Admin (which was when Gram retired). The only changes are:
Now it's consistent, and the user can see where they stand. Not sure why an intelligent reasonable person such as yourself should have an issue with that.
Deliberately breaking the rules because you may not like them comes across much differently than asking a well worded question here, and since your vocabulary skills are at a self-professed high level, you should have no problem with that.
Case in point: I do not like the law that says I cannot walk round in public naked, yet I certainly would not parade back and forth in front of the police station with no clothes on, waving my fists, chanting about how unfair it is. All that will do, is cause me to be singled out by the police. Hence, when you posted a complaint in the dolphins forum, relating to your not liking the rule telling members (all members, not just you) to post in the appropriate forum, you are in essence doing just that.
Keep in mind also, regarding your "freedom of speach" statement, that while that may be your inexorable right in a America, it does not necessarily hold true here. This is not a public forum, it's privately owned. The rules are here for a reason, and we expect you to adhere to them, if you wish to keep the priveledge (not a right) to post here.
Instead of feebly attempting to insult my intelligence, perhaps you should take a long hard look at how you are coming across, and ask yourself if you would permit a guest in your home to act in the same manner.

:clap:

WharfRat said:

I'm saying both are flawed. The VIP membership is just a way for Finheaven to make extra money. But along with that, it seperates us as members. Like it or not, being a "VIP" is veiwed as a status symbol to many of the Finheaven members here, and when that's the case, it causes certain clicks to form as a result. That's where the problems come into play....

You've got VIP's treating the regulars like they're not as informed or as worthy of certain discussion. Many times I've witnessed more than one VIP ganging up on a non-VIP. It's almost becoming a daily ritual, and if everyone here were veiwed the same{NO SUPERIORITY LEVEL - VIP}, this would not be a problem....

It's like when someone says, "If you're not a season ticket holder, you're not a true fan". The VIP's{not all of them}, are starting to use that same close-minded level of mentality when it comes to being a member here. Being a Donator is one thing, but being a VIP is completely different because of the label it carries{VIP- Very Important Person}. They somehow feel more intelligent, and more important simply due to meaningless lable....

I'm not making this stuff up, it's truly happening. Maybe a good resolution would be for the VIP's being restricted from posting outside the VIP Forum. Makes perfect sense to me. They want to be VIP's, let them have football discussion with the VIP's in the VIP Forum. Keep them away from the normal "everyday Jacks" like myself, and those of us who think their way of existance on this board is corrupted by the lables of society....

To that statement, I responded that you are the first to complain about the VIP/Premium sections. Which you are.

Actually, we were talking about both....

Keep in mind also, regarding your "freedom of speach" statement, that while that may be your inexorable right in America, it does not necessarily hold true here. This is not a public forum, it's privately owned. The rules are here for a reason, and we expect you to adhere to them, if you wish to keep the priveledge (not a right) to post here.

You forgot to add.....BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
You forgot to add.....BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

great way to show your superior vocabulary. :wink:

I'll assume this means that you have no reasonable retort, thereby acknowledging acceptance and compliance, and consider this little episode closed.
</IMG>

BLITZKRIEG said:
I hope I'm not the only one who see's what's really going on here.....

Maybe some of you can't see it, but I do. I've noticed most VIP / Premium members here no longer care what anyone below them states. If you're not a VIP, you're not worthy of being taken seriously anymore. The VIP's have their own little club{click}, and like a new-born chicken, if you look or sound different than the others, you're not welcome in their club....

In the long run, having a VIP forum / Premium members are only going to make trouble. The VIP's wont get along with the non-VIP's, and vice versa. It will only breed hatred among the members here when all is said and done....

I think it was a dumb idea in the first place. We're all Phinz fans, why can't we all be equal???...

PHINZ RULE!!!

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill Blitz.
The site needed some funds so the VIP forum was invented.

All it takes to be a member is 24 dollars.The fact that many of the best posters are members is because many want to help the site.Its a plus that the threads in the forum are top notch.There are a lot of lurkers and infrequent posters who are members too.

Premium memberships are offered to established members who have demonstrated through time that they are loyal FH members and who are contributing in some way to help the site.Many of the members are performing important tasks such as maintaining the web site and server,scrpiting new code,designing art and graphics work etc.at no cost to the site.There is a labor of love involved.

Wanting to be a member and having the 84 dollars to be in it is not enough although there are certain Admins that can be bribed....apparently..
Cali and I received an invitation from AJ and it was a pleasant surprise to both of us.We try to help FH as much as we can.

This is not unusual among bigger sites.Many of them exist on donations so its important to have a core group to help donate and maintain the site.

Back
Top Bottom