Question About The Blocked Punts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question About The Blocked Punts

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Given they were blocked by the same guy in the same way, any of you X and O guys care to shed some light on what exactly happened? Had to be something NE saw in film study and executed in the game. But how exactly did it work?

Did anyone else think we were about to run a fake punt the first time they did one of the “rugby style” ones?!

Did anyone else think we were about to run a fake punt the first time they did one of the “rugby style” ones?!

It was called fear. There was plenty of that going around on Sunday. Fortunately most of it was from the Patriots.

It's fairly common to see a rugby style punt after a conventional punt is either blocked or nearly blocked. But more often it happens in college than the pros. I started to laugh when Rizzi resorted to the rugby style after two punts were thumped. I would have expected more confidence and less fear from Rizzi.

Yes. I also figured against the Pats was the time to trot that trickeration out.

Given they were blocked by the same guy in the same way, any of you X and O guys care to shed some light on what exactly happened? Had to be something NE saw in film study and executed in the game. But how exactly did it work?

That was mind boggling and painful to watch.

I hope it has more to do with Denney technique than physical decline.

Back
Top Bottom