Question about Todd Wade and comp. picks... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about Todd Wade and comp. picks...

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Next year, should we get a comp. pick for Todd Wade, providing he plays decent this year? I know this is a little early, but I was just wondering if we will get anything for his departure. I'd sure like another 3rd rounder for next year! Thanks for any thoughts!

Steve

Remember we also signed a number of FA's - Jeno James, Damien MCintosh, Reggie Howard, Cris Askins. I doubt we'll get anything more than a late rounder next year.

There is something in the rule about the numer of FA you sign vs the number you lose.Dolfanreal69

I think there is a rule about the guys you get. If we get more players than we get then I don't think we'll get a pick at all.

Ozzy rules!!

While the formula is a deeply guarded secret one thing is clear based on all the years they have been handed out, you only get picks if you loose at least equal to what you sign and the ones you loose play better and sign for more money than the ones you sign. We have lost Todd Wade, Obefemi Ayenbedejo, and Tommy Hendricks. We have signed Sammie Morris, Terrance Wilkens, John Jones, Damion McIntosh, John St. Clair, Jeno James, Reggie Howard, Antuan Edwards and Chris Akins. That makes us plus six. The only other players we could possibly loose, i.e. UFA's from us still unsigned are, Oronde Gadsden, Charlie Rogers, Jamie Nails, Rob Burnett, Terrel Buckley, and Jimmy Wyrick. If ALL of them signed with other teams, which is highly unlikely since Gadsden has never recovered from his hand problems (and today added legal troubles to his plate), Nails' knees are reported shot and Burnett is likely to retire, we would STILL only have lost the same number we signed and the ones we signed are making more money than the ones we lost and are likely to play better.

Short answer: No way are we getting any compensatory picks in 2005. Sorry, but thanks for asking, I don't usually get to pull out all my lists this early :D

Thanks for the replies! Glad to help keep dust off your lists Ohiophinphan!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom