Question bout Coleman from Jaguar/Dolphin fan.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question bout Coleman from Jaguar/Dolphin fan..

Coleman signed with Jax today. 3 years, $4.5 million...plus incentives.

I don't know...

Originally posted by PenaltiesGalore
Thanks for the responses. If you must know, my story is a li'l sumthin' like dolfan87 wrote. I lived in Miami my whole life until about 9 years ago. The Dolphins were the only team I was remotely concerned with. But with the move to Daytona Beach, also came a complete lack of sporting events and teams to follow.

I don't know about you penalties galore, but I grew up in Connecticut and Massachusetts(about 35 mi. from Foxboro), and currently live in the Daytona Beach area(Palm Coast). Not one time did I ever contemplate becoming a Patsie fan or a Jaguar fan. I don't try to dislike the Pats or the Jags, it just comes natural. I guess it was that fateful game in 1974 (at the age of 5), against the Raiders. We lost that day....but there was something...something that grabbed me. Maybe it was the joy of watching the opening kickoff returned for a touchdown, or the pity of watching us lose on the last play of the game from Ken Stabler's 'mini' Hail Mary'. Ohhh...I remember it so vividly...I balled like fool,...but from that day on, I knew I was a MIAMI DOLPHIN fan. Granted, I like other teams and players(to a degree,although I dislike most of them). I'm not a fool. But to call myself a fan of another team.....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I take it too seriously..as a matter of fact, I know I do...BUT....when the eventual Superbowl victory arrives....oh MAN!!!!!!!!!! HOW MUCH SWEETER IT WILL BE TO KNOW THAT DEEP DOWN INSIDE I AM A DOLPHIN FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Coleman signed with Jax today. 3 years, $4.5 million...plus incentives.

"With the Jaguars, he will sign a three-year deal that could be worth as much as $4.5 million, with incentives."

Compared to Burnetts 2 year + incentives deal that could reach $4 million. I have a feeling this move is going to be scrutunized all season long.

Well the Jags have sign Coleman for 3 years//so that possibility of signing him is really a no starter..Well he's back in FL.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

"With the Jaguars, he will sign a three-year deal that could be worth as much as $4.5 million, with incentives."

Compared to Burnetts 2 year + incentives deal that could reach $4 million. I have a feeling this move is going to be scrutunized all season long.

It's probably one of those classic "Jacksonville signings" where most of the cap-hit comes the last year of the contract, therefore Coleman will end up hurting the Jaguars in the long-run, and he'll probably have to be cut or some crap after his second year with them...

Nobody ever accused the Jags of having good management, though....

being from so cal, i used to like the rams, never followed em as much as the fins. then georgia inherited the team and put the kybosh on that little deal!

Well, since this thread has stayed around longer than I thought on a Dolphin message board, I'll post another reply. The take Blitz had is most likely correct. Although full details of the contract have yet to be announced, I also have a feeling most of the salary cap hit was pushed back into the 3rd and 4th years of the contract. The Jaguars are also looking to possibly sign Charlie Batch and/or another veteran WR such as Freeman, and being how we didn't have much room under the cap to work with, I can't see the front office giving Coleman a large salary hit in his first year. But in reality, what NFL contract isn't backloaded these days?

But, as far as never accusing the Jaguars for having good management, I think the Jaguars will turn a lot of heads this season. True, they lost Boselli, Walker, Payne, Nickerson, and McCardell among others, but as Jay Glazer said, "...remember, this is the same veteran talent who helped them all the way to the ninth pick of the draft in April. " The Jaguars are only $6 million over the cap in 2003, and have the majority of their young talent signed through 2004 or 2005. The Jags have sort of gone the "Patriotic" route, in signing many mid-tier free agents hoping they will do what many of the same did for New England last season. For a simple review as to why the Jaguars had one of the best 10 offseasons in the NFL, click on the link below...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5432287,00.html

That's about all I have to say about the Jagaurs. Feel no need to respond, I don't wanna clutter this board up with non-related posts, after all, I come here myself to read about the Dolphins, not post about J'Ville.

I have lived in Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville. Tampa always had the Bucs and Fins on tv...sometimes at the same time. The Jags NEVER do that. They know who the real team is. [/B][/QUOTE] At the risk of adding a bit more clutter, it is possible that the only reason that the Tampa media show the Dolphins is because the Bucs were sooo bad for sooo long. This made me remember when someone I knew from St. Pete told me once that Hugh Culverhouse tried to have the Dolphins games in the Tampa Bay area blacked out because everyone was watching the Dolphins instead of them. On the other hand, some of us Dolphans attending college in north Florida grew to hate the Bucs because their fans were always so obnoxious to us.

i am just a dolphins fan but follow the raiders and the broncos cuz of my friends...its nice to have ammo when we get together,lol...

You mean there are people out there who like teams other than the Dolphins? Why would they do something like that? :goof:

:monkey: every other team

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

If that's the case, then the people scrutinizing are sadly uninformed. Even if the money was equal, Coleman would have chosen Jacksonville simply because it affords him a starting position. Burnett is comfortable in a backup role.

Back
Top Bottom