question for the mods | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question for the mods

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Reaction score
Why is it that sometimeswhen I start to type in my username it will fill in automaticaly along with the password. This seldom happens however. I`m frequently on and off the board as time and work allows. It would be great if that feature happened ALL the time. Can that be arranged? :)

Well, I looked in your settings and it has the correct option. What you could do, is try logging out and then again. Other than that, I really don't know. As I recall, you use Netscape, and we had a problem getting you to access the boards. This is, most likely, another cookie issue. I will have to look into this, but right now, I really don't know.

Maybe someone else that has Netscape would know.

I`m completely computer illiterate. Netscape doesn`t ring any bells. (could be landscape for all I know). Umm..........I don`t recall ever having a problem with board access. Might have been someone else. Am I the only poster with this problem? It`s really no big deal but that IS a nice feature.

Listen AJ, I won`t bother you after this question. Not 5 min. ago an e-mail popped up stating I just had a reply to this thread. This another problem I`m having................I`ll get an e-mail notification on occasion that somebody has responded...............etc. etc. Well, when I go to the thread..........nothng has been submitted. What do you think.........haunted computer?

Whooops.... got you and another person confused. Try going to your "User CP" and then "Edit Options" Make sure these options have a "Yes" next to them:

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)

Browse board with cookies?

If they both have "yes" let me know and I'll see what I can do.

they both are marked yes. One other thing now that I have you here. IMO this is the BEST mb in S Fla. There`s a rumor that you`re going to merge with another board. I hope you stay indipendant. thanks

There is? LOL Where did you hear that rumor?

PS: I will look further into the problem that you have.

I had a problem at home (IE5.5) with not being logged in automatically. I downloaded Cookie Monster and removed the cookie for finheaven.com and then logged in again and Presto ! everything was :cool:

CookieMonster is a great little freeware program for Internet users. Cookies are a problem--you can't live with them, and you can't live without them. On the one hand, many of your favorite sites won't run properly if you turn off cookie acceptance, and on the other hand, those cookies may sit around transmitting your personal information back to some remote server. The best you can do is accept the cookies and then delete them later. CookieMonster will locate cookies from Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera and allow you to delete them with a mouse click.

To download a copy of CookieMonster, click here: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/ampsoft/english/Utilities.html#CookieMonster

Originally posted by dolphan39
I had a problem at home (IE5.5) with not being logged in automatically. I downloaded Cookie Monster and removed the cookie for finheaven.com and then logged in again and Presto ! everything was :cool:

I downloaded cookie monster installer and so far I`ve twice had an automatic log in. I wouldn`t know a cookie from a cumquat but so far so good! stay tuned tho.

THANKS AJ AND 39.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

I downloaded cookie monster installer and so far I`ve twice had an automatic log in. I wouldn`t know a cookie from a cumquat but so far so good! stay tuned tho.

THANKS AJ AND 39.
[/QUOTE

nope, spoke too soon. How do I remove the cookie for finheaven?

THANKS AJ AND 39.
[/QUOTE

nope, spoke too soon. How do I remove the cookie for finheaven?

I think you just highlight it/click on it to remove it or else if you are not careful you can easily remove all your cookies - which is not that big a deal to do every once in a while anyway.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom