Question From a Saints Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question From a Saints Fan

Obidan

Scout Team
Reaction score
Since neither team's starters are going to be in for very long tonight, we will get plenty of time to watch each others reserves fight for spots.

I read in another post about you guys having several good back-up RB's and that you would not be able to keep all of them. I was surprised to see Robert Edwards name mentioned. I only saw him for a short bit in one pre-season game this season and he looked pretty solid and his heart can't be questioned. He'll probably be a keeper.

But of the others, who should I watch tonight? The Saints are looking for a solid back-up for McAllister and the Dolphins and Saints seem to have a good relationship when it comes to trades.

Last year the Saints were in the same predicament. Haslett was so enthused with Cincy's Curtis Keaton, that he traded a 4th Rd pick to get him after the final pre-season game. Keaton was a bust. He might just try the same this year. Rumor has it we are also interested in the Redskins back-ups (Watson, Betts, and McCullough).

The Saints have depth at a few positions that could be of interest to other teams. We have good depth at OL, TE, and WR. Depending on needs, some of the Saints bubble players will be picked up by some other teams.

Just interested in any feedback I can get before the game. Here's to an injury free game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think the Dolphins will get rid of either RB..Edwards or Henry. I don't think Edwards would be a good fit in NO. They have astroturf and he's already ripped his knee up once. Henry would be a good backup for Deuce but I think they'll do all they can to keep him on the roster.

Look for Leonard Henry.

Leonard Henry is a VERY good back. QUICK! Makes sharp cuts and has pretty good vision.

Robert Edwards is the sh**, though, IMO. I absolutely love this guy.

I hope to God that they keep both guys. I think Edwards is a great back and you can't question his heart. He's run hard this preseason. I like Henry...kinda reminds me of Eric Dickerson (his upright style). He's got some jets around the outside too. I just don't trust his ball chandling. He puts the ball on the turf a little too often. But he has loads of talent.

Obidan, watch both Henry and Edwards. The issue is not settled yet. None of us know if we'll keep one or the other....or both. The odds are that we'll be getting rid of one of them. Especially if we get a nice offer on a trade. Edwards is a free agent at the end of the season. Henry's contract is also up. But he'll be an exclusive rights free agent (so he can't go anywhere for at least another year).

And while you're at it, let us know how they look!! Most of us won't be able to see the game until tomorrow night....if at all. :)

We have another backup RB you may be interested in. He hails from SF and played in the Indonesian Football League for about 10 years, which is why you probably have not heard about him. He's a little old, slow, and difficult to coach, but word has it he is smart (yet to be determined). If interested have Jim give Dave a call about the guy. You could probably acquire him for a bowl of Jamabalya. Oh yeah, almost forgot, his name is CeeYa Muck. Good Luck.

Ahhh, it's great to be respected by your peers. :D

We will have to get rid of either Edwards or Henry or sacrifice another position. Don't see that happening unless
Henry is a ST stud.
Rogers figures in as a RB even though only used on specialty plays.
We can't keep 5. I hate to see either go but if we are down to
RB # 3, we are in serious trouble.

Originally posted by Muck
Ahhh, it's great to be respected by your peers. :D

I was not necessarily referring to you, is your first name CeeYa. I didn't think so!!!!!

;)

Just having fun! As I know you are wont to do!!!

Originally posted by Obidan
Since neither team's starters are going to be in for very long tonight, we will get plenty of time to watch each others reserves fight for spots.

I read in another post about you guys having several good back-up RB's and that you would not be able to keep all of them. I was surprised to see Robert Edwards name mentioned. I only saw him for a short bit in one pre-season game this season and he looked pretty solid and his heart can't be questioned. He'll probably be a keeper.

But of the others, who should I watch tonight? The Saints are looking for a solid back-up for McAllister and the Dolphins and Saints seem to have a good relationship when it comes to trades.

Last year the Saints were in the same predicament. Haslett was so enthused with Cincy's Curtis Keaton, that he traded a 4th Rd pick to get him after the final pre-season game. Keaton was a bust. He might just try the same this year. Rumor has it we are also interested in the Redskins back-ups (Watson, Betts, and McCullough).

The Saints have depth at a few positions that could be of interest to other teams. We have good depth at OL, TE, and WR. Depending on needs, some of the Saints bubble players will be picked up by some other teams.

Just interested in any feedback I can get before the game. Here's to an injury free game.

Edwards is #47 and Travis Henry is #26.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
And while you're at it, let us know how they look!! Most of us won't be able to see the game until tomorrow night....if at all. :)

:lol: That's kind of funny. I was on vacation with the wife last year in the Keys. I figured it was a sure thing that I would be able to catch the game against you guys last year. But lo and behold, we couldn't find a place carrying the game and it was nowhere to be found on cable either. What's up with not being able to see the PS games down there? It's not like a blackout rule is force since the game this year is in N.O.

Any way, thanks for all the responses. Good luck this year.

I am choosing we keep both RBs...Edwards as a FB cutting Obafemi loose...you heard it here first!

I would not like to see Obafemi leave.. He has done well catching out of the backfield.. Why not get a 4th rounder for Edwards?? Minor and Henry are good backups..

Originally posted by Obidan

:lol: That's kind of funny. I was on vacation with the wife last year in the Keys. I figured it was a sure thing that I would be able to catch the game against you guys last year. But lo and behold, we couldn't find a place carrying the game and it was nowhere to be found on cable either. What's up with not being able to see the PS games down there? It's not like a blackout rule is force since the game this year is in N.O.

Any way, thanks for all the responses. Good luck this year.

They can see it down there in the Miami area. But the rest of us.....we get the local team's game, if any at all. Sunshine Network will replay the game tomorrow night. But that's only if you're a FLA resident. The Sunshine Network is prohibited by the NFL from televising the game outside FLA. So everyone outside of FLA with Sunshine Network gets screwed!!

So for me tonight, it's the Buccaneers or Hurricanes. I'll take the Canes. :D

Back
Top Bottom