Question From a Saints Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question From a Saints Fan

No RB the size of Edwards can block better than a FB. You guys are arguing over a 5th RB? No sane team does that. None. You heard it here first...

You need the other positions badly. It is in all likeliness not going to occur that three RBs will get injured. If that happens somebody will be signed, Simmons has been a RB, and Rogers actually can run. What would you rather do cut a good 5th CB. Have a safety used in the dime and get burned by a quick receiver lining up in the slot?

I really don't know what you guys have seen out of Minor.

Edwards outperformed him throughout the year last year. As a matter of fact, last year I was sure that if Ricky went down we had an adequate backup. Just my opinion, but Edwards and Williams showed me two RB's on a level that Miami has not had in years.

And um..*clears throat*.....Minor was on the team and running for little gains prior to last year.

Minor beat him out late in the year supposedly.

BTW,

To answer the original thread, if the Dolphins are interested in any position you listed it would be at tackle. But I don't think the
Saints depth remains at tackle. They traded that away.

Miami has adequate "backup quality" in the middle.

TE we're solid.
WR- We've been debating the talent of our backups compared to the starters. There is a big enough cluster there already.

IMO if Miami gets anything for a RB from any team, it's going to be a 4th rounder at best.

As far as I have seen no team has the experienced depth that Miami requires.

Originally posted by SoCalJimbo
Minor beat him out late in the year supposedly.

And when it happened, I thought "politics".

Re: Re: Question From a Saints Fan

Originally posted by Oliver

Edwards is #47 and Travis Henry is #26.

Oliver...

:goof:

Hey, Oliver... I love Robert Edwards, but if it should come down to him vs TRAVIS Henry, I'd keep Travis. :)

By the way, Clump, how would that affect our cap, -- and your team's chances?

Re: Re: Re: Question From a Saints Fan

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

:lol: Drew would have to change the name on his back to "welcome"... without a Henry at RB this year, he'd be a doormat from haveing to pass so much....

Originally posted by ZOD

And when it happened, I thought "politics".

They were talking about this during the game last night and Wanny said that, with the tremendous amount of rehab that edwards went through, and then training camp, and then the season, RE's legs were DEAD by the end of the season. He said he had absolutely nothing left by game 12.

I remember that he seemed to have lost his burst and elusiveness in the second half of the season last year. He looks 10 times stronger and faster now than he did at the end of last season so I tend to think that this is the truth, Not politics.

And Saint fan....Ki-Jana looks like your answer at back-up.;)

Re: Re: Re: Question From a Saints Fan

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

:goof:

Hey, Oliver... I love Robert Edwards, but if it should come down to him vs TRAVIS Henry, I'd keep Travis. :)

I like them both as well.

And it will put the Miami Dolphins into CAP JAIL! I just had to say it before Clump. I feel better now. :D

Oliver...

I love watching Edwards and would really like to keep him. I'm also afraid of him going to a team like the Pats if we let him go.

Henry hasn't shown me a lot of durability, so I see him as a 'project' right now. We oculd try to put him on the PS, but I don't think it would work - AZ was already trying to get him last year. However, I believe LH is under contract for at least one more year, and cheaper...and that might be enough to tip the scale in his favor.

"Durability"???......what do you mean by that?.....Has he had injuries that have slowed him down or something?....I don't remember any....

Back
Top Bottom