Question: Jets & Leonard Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question: Jets & Leonard Williams

Our defense will shutdown the run, pressure the QB, and blanket WRs. Gonna be tough sledding. Our offense doesn't have to be great, because teams will have trouble scoring on us. Our offense has a lot of weapons too, if Geno doesn't improve we at least have a capable veteran in Fitzpatrick who can play at a average level. Our OC runs a spread offense which should help Geno.

If the Jets get decent QB play, they'll win games. If they don't, they'll struggle. It's as simple as that to me.

This is a very talented team, but as always, we still have not been able to find any consistency at the QB spot.

If the Jets get decent QB play, they'll win games. If they don't, they'll struggle. It's as simple as that to me.

This is a very talented team, but as always, we still have not been able to find any consistency at the QB spot.

Geno just has to play Miami every game and he'll end up with 12,000 yds and 98 TDs this year.

I'd make the same criticism of that pick as I had made of our Dion Jordan pick. The Jets have a lot of holes and they used their first round pick on the position in which they're arguably strongest. Williams might have been the best player on the board but he might not have been the best player for the Jets.

Dion Jordan wasn't the best player in the draft and had a ton of question marks. Doesn't apply to Williams. Who else should they have picked? About the only other guy available at their pick that would make any sense to me from a "need" standpoint would be Gurley.

One thing Bowles probably learned from his time in AZ, if you don't have a QB, make sure you have a damn good defense. Williams certainly helps in that area. As much as it makes me want to vomit, that was a damn good pick.

Dion Jordan wasn't the best player in the draft and had a ton of question marks. Doesn't apply to Williams. Who else should they have picked? About the only other guy available at their pick that would make any sense to me from a "need" standpoint would be Gurley.

One thing Bowles probably learned from his time in AZ, if you don't have a QB, make sure you have a damn good defense. Williams certainly helps in that area. As much as it makes me want to vomit, that was a damn good pick.

Yup if you have a top 5 D and mind the football on offense you will win games.

Yup if you have a top 5 D and mind the football on offense you will win games.

Exactly. Now, if you manage to make the playoffs with that strategy, it's a different story. At that point, you are likely facing other teams that have any combination of good QBs, good coaches, and solid defenses, with good QBs being the most likely scenario. At that point, good ****ing luck, again, as AZ exemplified.

As much as I despise the jests, I acknowledge that they did about as well as they possibly could with the offseason, given that they didn't have a real shot at fixing QB barring a very expensive trade for Mariota or the unlikely chance that SD would give up Rivers.

Exactly. Now, if you manage to make the playoffs with that strategy, it's a different story. At that point, you are likely facing other teams that have any combination of good QBs, good coaches, and solid defenses, with good QBs being the most likely scenario. At that point, good ****ing luck, again, as AZ exemplified.

As much as I despise the jests, I acknowledge that they did about as well as they possibly could with the offseason, given that they didn't have a real shot at fixing QB barring a very expensive trade for Mariota or the unlikely chance that SD would give up Rivers.

With a lopsided team have to play two or three perfect games at that point in order to advance. That's why I always say balance is better than just having a prolific offense or a dominate defense. You have to be able to do both once you hit the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom