Question of the day..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question of the day.....

Losman7 said:
Daniels has more upside, only because he is so young.

Yeah, since he's a Dolphin it couldn't possibly be because he's talented. And where is it written that you're an expert on Travis Daniels???
I also guess Saban only drafted him because he's "young".

feelthepain said:
Yeah, since he's a Dolphin it couldn't possibly be because he's talented. And where is it written that you're an expert on Travis Daniels???
I also guess Saban only drafted him because he's "young".

He's got more upside than Reggie Howard and Edwards, because a) they are average at best, and b) they are older.

Daniels is a fourth round pick, sure he has some talent...but there were 26+ Defensive backs taken ahead of him.

Losman7 said:
He's got more upside than Reggie Howard and Edwards, because a) they are average at best, and b) they are older.

Daniels is a fourth round pick, sure he has some talent...but there were 26+ Defensive backs taken ahead of him.

You want to talk about how many running backs were taken ahead of Terrell Davis?

How many linebackers were taken ahead of Zach Thomas?

How many DE's were taken ahead of Jason Taylor?

How many QB's were taken ahead of Tom Brady and Joe Montana?

DolphinDevil28 said:
You want to talk about how many running backs were taken ahead of Terrell Davis?

:allhail:

You are the king for comebacks.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Blah Blah Blah...

Have late round picks blossomed into all-stars...?...sure

But for every Terrel Davis, there is 50 other guys who make it through 1/2 a season in NFLE, and then are back to bagging grocery.

Its understandable that you hope Daniels becomes an all-star, but to expect it isn't consistant with the majority of fourth rounders.

PhinDude88 said:
No, Howard will not be a shut down corner. Ever since he got here he has been a major disapointment to all of us. To answer your 2nd question, it will all depend on how Daniels plays in TC and Pre-Season. And for your 3rd question, he will be our Dime CB and play ST's very often.

Your statement about Howard is incorrect. He hasn't been a dissapointment because he was (incorrectly) brought in here to be our nickel back. Does anyone think that Howard was brought in here to replace Surtain or Madison last year ?? No way... His strong point is not the nickel position where he is exposed to covering the slot guy. He is a decent coverage guy with good tackling skills, perfect for Saban's type of CB, although Saban does like his CBs and Ss a little bigger. In Carolina he was a cover 2 corner, where he'll be asked to do similar things by Saban. As to whether he'll be a shutdown corner..that position no longer exists in the NFL now with the rule changes.

As far as Daniels goes...I think that in college, he played better at Safety and that Saban's first idea was to bring him in to compete at both safety spots, but with Poole's injury, he will be pressed into CB position, where he'll do ok...probably the nickel or dime back...

Losman7 said:
Blah Blah Blah...

Have late round picks blossomed into all-stars...?...sure

But for every Terrel Davis, there is 50 other guys who make it through 1/2 a season in NFLE, and then are back to bagging grocery.

Its understandable that you hope Daniels becomes an all-star, but to expect it isn't consistant with the majority of fourth rounders.

I'm not saying he's going to become an all star.

What I am saying, is he's not your average, typical 4th round corner going to a random team scenario.

He's playing in the same defense that he just played in college. He knows it, and his style fits it perfectly.

He's got good size, he's physical, and he's faster than people think.

Why can't he do really well?

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm not saying he's going to become an all star.

What I am saying, is he's not your average, typical 4th round corner going to a random team scenario.

He's playing in the same defense that he just played in college. He knows it, and his style fits it perfectly.

He's got good size, he's physical, and he's faster than people think.

Why can't he do really well?

He could do really well, but I don't know. But until proven otherwise, he's still the 27th best DB from last years class.

Finfolife said:
Does anybody in the forum think that Reggie Howard could be the next shutdown corner in the league? Would you start him opposite (29) this season? What about Edwards?

Not a chance he has. Over-paid he is.

When you say "shut down corner" you imply a CB that can go 1 on 1 with any WR in the league, stay with that receiver, and knock down anything thrown his way (or of course get an INT).
Howard isnt even in the same vicinity of being close to being that guy. He can be a very good corner in the correct system...one that uses a lot of zones with safety help, but he will never be a "shut down corner".

Losman7 said:
They are servicable corners, perfect for a team in transistion like the Fins...not expensive, but not a long term answer either.

Daniels has more upside, only because he is so young.
i agree. cant believe i agree with a Bills fan!! pass me the smelling salts somebody!! :eek:

inFINSible said:
If Reggie Howard becomes the next great shut down corner it will be a surprise to a lot of people. Including me.

Ditto, Edwards.

I almost have more faith in Travis Daniels than either one of those two.

i agree, i do almost have a little more faith in daniels then them

Back
Top Bottom