Question on Signing Bonus - Culpepper | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question on Signing Bonus - Culpepper

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am referring to the original signing bonus that Minnesota paid at the beginning of his current contract (not the $6 Mil he is due now), does that all count against Minnesota's cap or does some of that carryover to the Dolphins?

My 2c worth - when both are healthly Brees is not even in the same League as Culpepper;Brees is a good QB, probably top 15 while Culpepper is top 5, if not top 3.

Thanks.

DolphinVJ said:
I am referring to the original signing bonus that Minnesota paid at the beginning of his current contract (not the $6 Mil he is due now), does that all count against Minnesota's cap or does some of that carryover to the Dolphins?

My 2c worth - when both are healthly Brees is not even in the same League as Culpepper;Brees is a good QB, probably top 15 while Culpepper is top 5, if not top 3.

Thanks.

We do not get hit with his signing bonus. Minny has that pleasure. I do believe we may have to pay his roster bonus. I haven't seen all the new extention agreements yet but i do know that as of now, bonuses can only be prorated/amortized for a max of 4 yrs. Even if we're on the hook for his roster bonus, with a 2 mil salary, his cap # this year will nly be 3.5 mil, about half of what it would be had brees signed on in time.

Back
Top Bottom