Question Re Sunday Ticket Streaming | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question Re Sunday Ticket Streaming

NJ Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
Mods can move if I have this in the wrong place.

I live in Manhattan, so I can't get Direct TV, but they do offer the Sunday Ticket streaming for Manhattan residents. I signed up for it two seasons ago and the service was pretty horrible. In addition to the constant buffering, there was a lag of at least a minute, so since I keep track of my fantasy football team, I knew what happened long before I saw the play on my TV.

Can anyone tell me whether the streaming service has improved since then. I recently got a 4K Apple TV, and there are going to be far fewer Dolphins games available to watch in the NYC metro area than there were last season, so I'm considering signing up for it again. Would especially be helpful if there are people in Manhattan who are in the same boat as I am.

Thanks in advance.

I think I got it the same year. It was awful. I stopped using it around week six and went back to the bars. I think I had to use it once more towards the end of the season and it was still bad.

Last year I used Hulu’s live TV service and it was OK. much better than DirectTV but not so much so that I’d suggest it without looking at another of the new ones first.

One friend of mine has been using PlayStations streaming service for basketball season and he loves it. If they do NFL games, I may switch over

I think I got it the same year. It was awful. I stopped using it around week six and went back to the bars. I think I had to use it once more towards the end of the season and it was still bad.

Last year I used Hulu’s live TV service and it was OK. much better than DirectTV but not so much so that I’d suggest it without looking at another of the new ones first.

One friend of mine has been using PlayStations streaming service for basketball season and he loves it. If they do NFL games, I may switch over

Thanks. I should note that I could only conceivably use Apple TV. I don't have an Xbox or Playstation and have no intention of buying either.

^ I actually forgot AppleTV was a viable option. Didn’t they sell single games after they were played? Like you could rewatch any game you wanted for the price of a movie?

I honestly am not very familiar so I’ll have to do some research on that option

^ I actually forgot AppleTV was a viable option. Didn’t they sell single games after they were played? Like you could rewatch any game you wanted for the price of a movie?

I honestly am not very familiar so I’ll have to do some research on that option

When I did the streaming service, I used my ipad and would mirror with my AppleTV (was an old model so I couldn't do it directly) or would use my Xbox360, which I have since gotten rid of. I imagine the buffering will be less of an issue, but if there's still the long time delay, I definitely won't do it.

I’ve used the SundayTicket App on the PS4 and it’s been great.

2015: I used DirectTV streaming, and I didn't hate it. Plus, my wife is taking online college courses, so I can take advantage of her being a student, and it costs me $99 for the year. I didn't have the buffering issues that you mention, but I did have an issue with the delay and finding out via alerts what was happening before I got to see it.

2016: I subscribed to DirecTV, signed a 2 year contract in March, and got Sunday Ticket for a year. It was considerably better than the streaming.

2017: I did not subscribe to Sunday Ticket once Tannehill went down - I pretty much conceded the season. I still managed to catch almost every game, be it at my friend's house with DirecTV, on national coverage, or on an ill-gotten Kodi stream.

This year, my contract with DirectTV is up, so I can ditch it at any time. I can still do the $99 streaming option, but I'm going to approach them directly about adding it to my service for about the same price - using "come get your equipment and cancel my service" as a leverage point.

I have yet to find a Sunday Ticket option on YouTube, Hulu, Vue, DirecTV Now, or Sling.

2015: I used DirectTV streaming, and I didn't hate it. Plus, my wife is taking online college courses, so I can take advantage of her being a student, and it costs me $99 for the year. I didn't have the buffering issues that you mention, but I did have an issue with the delay and finding out via alerts what was happening before I got to see it.

2016: I subscribed to DirecTV, signed a 2 year contract in March, and got Sunday Ticket for a year. It was considerably better than the streaming.

2017: I did not subscribe to Sunday Ticket once Tannehill went down - I pretty much conceded the season. I still managed to catch almost every game, be it at my friend's house with DirecTV, on national coverage, or on an ill-gotten Kodi stream.

This year, my contract with DirectTV is up, so I can ditch it at any time. I can still do the $99 streaming option, but I'm going to approach them directly about adding it to my service for about the same price - using "come get your equipment and cancel my service" as a leverage point.

I have yet to find a Sunday Ticket option on YouTube, Hulu, Vue, DirecTV Now, or Sling.

Yeah there are only 3 "legit" ways to watch pretty much every Sunday/Saturday NFL game live for people living in the US. Subscribe to DirecTV Satellite service with NFL Sunday Ticket, subscribe to DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service (if your location qualifies) or if you are overseas (if you are in the US you can use a VPN or Smart DNS service), you can subscribe to the NFL Game Pass International service. The streaming OTT services such as Sling TV, Youtube TV, Hulu Live , DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue, FuboTV, or Philo do not have the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket or any NFL games not being shown on the local networks or cable networks that they provide.

I had it on a Roku box the past 2 seasons. The buffering improved big-time last year, but all games were well behind my sports app (theScore) and ESPN fantasy app.

I had the online service out here in LA and it was great. Will renew again this year for sure. $200 for the season (because I was a renwing member) vs $40 minimum a week at the bar. Yup.

I had the online service out here in LA and it was great. Will renew again this year for sure. $200 for the season (because I was a renwing member) vs $40 minimum a week at the bar. Yup.

Foozool I recommend you find a friend or basically anyone you know to let you use their name to get the online only college student program. I used a kid I play online ps4 with halfway across the country and it worked like a charm. It's only 99$ for the entire season

Back
Top Bottom