Question: Would you sacrifice a game to test Griese? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question: Would you sacrifice a game to test Griese?

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Say, Griese plays at SD and we lose the game. Will you take the loss just to see what Griese can do?. Is risking a loss too high of a risk to take?....is it better to wait till the end of the season to make any QB changes?.

I think playing QB merry go round at this stage of the season is very dangerous. Do you?

I think the risk of losing the game with him in there is relatively low, IMO. I think we should rest Fiedler even if he isnt good to go. If Griese fails, fine, but I'd rather have our starting QB healthy for Indy.

So what if Griese comes in and torches the San Diego secondary for 400 yards? or even 300? What if he hits a couple of bombs? Or even just one, for that matter...

Hypothetically speaking, of course, if Griese starts Monday and performs better than Jay has all year, who starts against Indy?

who starts? well if griese lights up san diego than he starts.......we have played teams with bad defense this year and still get shut down.

we play the qb that we feel will put up the most points
i hope jays injury isn't serious..but i would like to see griese flourish in florida

Originally posted by Rebar71
So what if Griese comes in and torches the San Diego secondary for 400 yards? or even 300? What if he hits a couple of bombs? Or even just one, for that matter...

Hypothetically speaking, of course, if Griese starts Monday and performs better than Jay has all year, who starts against Indy?

Well, if they are determined to start Griese then San Diego would be the team. They are 1-5 afterall. If he wins it probably doesn't prove much. But San Diego will be pumped. Home on Monday Night Football with Jr. Seau coming to town. Then again, being that they are 1-5 and Jr. is ours, we may have more fans cheering for us than for them.

Originally posted by WestPhish
Say, Griese plays at SD and we lose the game. Will you take the loss just to see what Griese can do?. Is risking a loss too high of a risk to take?....is it better to wait till the end of the season to make any QB changes?.

I think playing QB merry go round at this stage of the season is very dangerous. Do you?

I don't think if Griese starts he will lose that game. Griese is not Ray Lucas. Then again you never know, but I seriously doubt Griese would hurt this teams chances to win in that game.

Oliver...

San Diego has a very bad pass defense. However, I want Jay to play if he can go. If he can't play, then play Griese.

I think either of the two could torch SD's secondary. They are pretty bad.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Well, if they are determined to start Griese then San Diego would be the team. They are 1-5 afterall. If he wins it probably doesn't prove much. But San Diego will be pumped. Home on Monday Night Football with Jr. Seau coming to town. Then again, being that they are 1-5 and Jr. is ours, we may have more fans cheering for us than for them.

Agree.

If Griese does start this is the week to do it. Get him in a groove and go from there.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
San Diego has a very bad pass defense. However, I want Jay to play if he can go. If he can't play, then play Griese.

I think either of the two could torch SD's secondary. They are pretty bad.

I haev not seen Miami torch any Secondary for awhile now. . . :(

Originally posted by MacAttack

I haev not seen Miami torch any Secondary for awhile now. . . :(
Oak last year w/o their starting CBs in there. We c/not repeat ag NE for some reason :(

Originally posted by dolphan39
Oak last year w/o their starting CBs in there. We c/not repeat ag NE for some reason :(

Everything was clicking in that game and it went downhill from that point.

Originally posted by WestPhish

I'd say give Griese 3 quarters to prove himself in SOME way...If he doesn't, give Sage the fourth quarter....I don't think it's about whether we want to risk losing a game or not at this point....I think Wannstedt would be foolish not to take advantage of this opportunity to try someone else and still remain uncontradictory (sp?) (word?) in his support of JF.

The only bad thing that I can see happening is that we lose all confidence in Griese EVER being under center due to a Lucas-like performance.

Whether or not Feidler is OK, I think this is the perfect opportunity to see what Griese can do. If he sucks, then Jay can still come back in (when he is healthy) with his head held high and do his mediocre best.

There is more to gain than to lose with playing Griese for the SD game.

Re: Re: Question: Would you sacrifice a game to test Griese?

Originally posted by inFINSible

I'd say give Griese 3 quarters to prove himself in SOME way...If he doesn't, give Sage the fourth quarter....I don't think it's about whether we want to risk losing a game or not at this point....I think Wannstedt would be foolish not to take advantage of this opportunity to try someone else and still remain uncontradictory (sp?) (word?) in his support of JF.

The only bad thing that I can see happening is that we lose all confidence in Griese EVER being under center due to a Lucas-like performance.

Good Post.

This is the ideal time to try someone else. Besides Fiedler's injury, there is an extra day of practice this week because of the Monday night game.

Back
Top Bottom