Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question

jasmine

Starter
Reaction score
The Dolphins have to sign their draft picks and Griese will sign tomorrow. Whats up with Ogun and Freeman? Have they signed their tenders yet?? With all the other signings going on, I forgot about them. Any info on them??

No, they haven't signed the tenders yet. Drew would have said so. They had better sign them because the cap money is getting lower and lower.........

I don't think Ogun makes enough to count against the cap yet.

I also think that tenders alread count against the cap. I could be wrong about that.

Tendered offers as required for Exclusive RFA, Restrictive FA, Transition, and Franchise players to keep exclusive negotiating rights, rights of first refusal and/or draft pick compensation are included in the top 51 salaries for cap purposes between March 1st and the the beginning of the season. gasp, gasp. This would be the case for Ogun, Freeman and the departed Haley. Gadsden is an UFA who can currently negotiate with any team. His offer is not a formal contract that is counted against the cap.
Right now the 51st lowest salary for the cap, in my estimation is $330K.
So Ogun $375K and Freeman $605K do count in the salary cap but Gadsden $530K does not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom