Question ?????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question ??????

dw2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why is Dan Marino still doing local Auto Dealer Ads (particularly in JACKSONVILLE AREA??!!!!)? He does not need the money....is he fulfilling a contract from years ago????? Can't figure it out

What is wrong with a guy making a buck?
I don't see the problem.
Should he stop maknig money now that he is retired?
I don't see the big deal.
BTW, he is still doing local ads in the Maimi area as well.
Could it be Maroone in Jacksonville?
If so, that is the same company as in Miami.

It isn't like doing an ad is too hard and he gets a lot of money for doing it so I can understand him doing something like that.

His ads run in the Orlando market also. I believe it is for the Courtesy Auto Group and if that is the case, that is the dealership chain that Huizenga owns. He also owns or owned Blockbuster Video and I believe CarMax or AutoMax dealerships.

I don't know for sure. I know he became rich with his waste management company and then I heard he started Blockbuster Video back around 1985. He then went on to buy the Marlins and then the Dolphins while building his auto dealership empire AutoNation and Courtesy Auto Group. That is what I heard anyway. :confused:

Huizenga stopped owning Blockbuster in 1994. Actually, I think Viacom, which was owned by H. Wayne, owned Blockbuster.

And Marino appears in TV and radio ads here in Tampa as well.

Well, maybe Huizenga franchised the Blockbuster stores in Florida or just South Florida. :confused: Anyway, my point is that Marino probably did it as a favor to Huizenga. :)

I'm not sure how the the little stock scandal played out between Marino and Wayne H . Something about Wayne "suggesting" to Dan that it was the right time to buy. Did I read Dan was forced to sell back the shares??? Maybe he still owns stock in a company that owns stock in----and so on and so on.......

BB

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am pretty sure that blockbuster is a publicly owned company.

Wayne at one time did own Blockbuster. Don't know if he still does but he did at one point. You use to not be able to read an article or watch any news on him on tv without that addition.

Wayne owned blockbuster and its sister company Blockbuster Music.BM went out of business and i think he sold all his Blockbuster stocks.Wyne has his own website where u can read all that.Not sure where it is tho.

oh....you misunderstand

Originally posted by scotgif
What is wrong with a guy making a buck?
I don't see the problem.
Should he stop maknig money now that he is retired?
I don't see the big deal.
BTW, he is still doing local ads in the Maimi area as well.
Could it be Maroone in Jacksonville?
If so, that is the same company as in Miami.

If Bill Gates was seen at day labor wanting to make a few extra bucks, people would be asking questions.
Dan doing Auto Dealer Ads is not quite as drastic as day labor....but I think you catch my drift.

just wondering....that's all BTW yes, it's for the Maroone group

Back
Top Bottom