Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question

Emskirch

Lurking ready to Strike
Reaction score
Why is it with 90% of this board, a win can't be a win?

Why is it that Jay was horrible and now they want Griese, but the game was a win.

Who gives a crap if Ricky got 39 yards rushing yesterday, and why is it that it has to be a problem?

Why is it that no matter what this team does, ala The Bills game (which was a domination of another team), that someone, somewhere is not happy with the preformance?

Why is it that some Fins fans (including myself :lol: )refuse to go to anger management classes, or take prescription drugs to help thier inabilility to enjoy a victory?

Why is it that Jay throws an interception, and that is bad bad bad, but if Ricky fumbles, nothing is ever mentioned?

:eek: Back to the hole for me.... I was humbled after week 1. But this team has the ability and it is showing the heart that has lacked for years this year. And it is nice to watch.

Originally posted by Emskirch
Why is it that Jay throws an interception, and that is bad bad bad, but if Ricky fumbles, nothing is ever mentioned?

Dare I say that Ricky's upside far outweighs that of Jay?

That could be a little reason. Un poco?

Originally posted by Emskirch
Why is it with 90% of this board, a win can't be a win?

Why is it that Jay was horrible and now they want Griese, but the game was a win.

Who gives a crap if Ricky got 39 yards rushing yesterday, and why is it that it has to be a problem?

Why is it that no matter what this team does, ala The Bills game (which was a domination of another team), that someone, somewhere is not happy with the preformance?

Why is it that some Fins fans (including myself :lol: )refuse to go to anger management classes, or take prescription drugs to help thier inabilility to enjoy a victory?

All good points. I've been asking the same questions myself. After logging on after the game yesterday and reading alot of the posts, I seriously considered not coming back to the board until draft time next year. The games get me all stoked up and the board brings me crashing down. Jay didn't have a bad game, he had a bad first half. He was 7 of 9 in the second half and kept drives alive and we totally dominated TOP in the 4th quarter. He has an incredible W-L record but people are not happy unless we score 40 points a game. It's baffling.

:eek: Back to the hole for me.... I was humbled after week 1. But this team has the ability and it is showing the heart that has lacked for years this year. And it is nice to watch.

I don't think that's accurate at all. 90% is a pretty large exaggeration. And I think you might have not seen all the positive opinions/constructive criticisms that were posted yesterday.

I think it all boils down to the fact that this team has disappointed us down the stretch for a long time. This year's squad seems to do some very good things that the others haven't. And so we're looking for continued improvement. A well-rounded team. Some people are more tactful about it than others.

Personally, I agree with a lot of the people you are lumping together. Am I a negative fan?? Obsolutely not. 10000% not. It bothers me when people are like that. But I also see room for improvement. And you know what?? That excites me. I'm psyched that we're not playing anywhere close to our best ball, and yet we pull out a 13-point win against a very tough, dangerous opponent at their house.

So in closing, I say 'think for yourself' and stay positive. And to everyone....don't be so quick to dismiss. This team can be a lot better. And that's a good thing.

Personally, I am GLAD there are so many things to fix. It may sound crazy, but it's true. Is there anyone here who wants to see the team storm out of the gates, a la last year, firing on all cylinders to a fast 5-1 start, and then crumble and miss the play-offs? I sure don't. The fact that the team is 3-1, yet there is room for improvement, is very encouraging. Miami has already won at the Jets, where they hadn't won since 1997, gutted out another road victory against a tough team despite Ricky only getting 39 yards, and completely shut down the hottest offense in the NFL at that point. And the offense has yet to put together a complete, effective game.....yet the team is 3-1!! Imagine what things will be like if they can truly hit their stride later on.....it's much better to peak in November and December than in September and October, as the Dolphins usually do.....let's be excited for what more there is to come!!!!!

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think that's accurate at all. 90% is a pretty large exaggeration. And I think you might have not seen all the positive opinions/constructive criticisms that were posted yesterday.

I think it all boils down to the fact that this team has disappointed us down the stretch for a long time. This year's squad seems to do some very good things that the others haven't. And so we're looking for continued improvement. A well-rounded team. Some people are more tactful about it than others.

Personally, I agree with a lot of the people you are lumping together. Am I a negative fan?? Obsolutely not. 10000% not. It bothers me when people are like that. But I also see room for improvement. And you know what?? That excites me. I'm psyched that we're not playing anywhere close to our best ball, and yet we pull out a 13-point win against a very tough, dangerous opponent at their house.

So in closing, I say 'think for yourself' and stay positive. And to everyone....don't be so quick to dismiss. This team can be a lot better. And that's a good thing.

Yeah, what he said. :banana:

maybe some of you mods can help out. where is the ignore button, so one doesn't have to wade through all that crap? i see some of this stuff and i just wish there was an ignore button, so i could do my own filtering.

i've read some comments in here where someone says "you're on ignore from now on", but i still haven't found the button.

help!

Originally posted by cmax13
maybe some of you mods can help out. where is the ignore button, so one doesn't have to wade through all that crap? i see some of this stuff and i just wish there was an ignore button, so i could do my own filtering.

i've read some comments in here where someone says "you're on ignore from now on", but i still haven't found the button.

help!

Easy to do man. Just click on the user's name (above their avatar) on the left. That takes you to their profile page. At the bottom of that page (underneath "Prediction: Who will win the Superbowl?"), you will see a link that says "Add to ignore list". Click on that link and your done.

If you ever want to remove someone from your Ignore List, just go to your User CP (at the top of any page) and click on the "Edit Ignore List" Link.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to copy this post link and make a thread in the Complaints Forum.

I agree yesterday after the game I come to the board and you would of thought we lost by 20 pts reading some of the posts. I'll leave my rose-colored glass on a little longer so I can enjoy the victory for a day or 2

Back
Top Bottom