Quick First Half Comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick First Half Comments

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
-J.T. is DA man. No questions about it.
-Seau is doing a good job disrupting things although he has to get 'around' the chip RB and not try the flip over :tongue:
-Fletcher's playing pretty solid. Only saw 2 passes completed against him and the one he had the hand in there, was just a good catch
-Where the heck is the interior offensive line? No run blocking, no pass blocking and getting easily confused by the 3-4 Atlanta D.
-Madison. Anyone seen a pro bowler by the name of Madison around? That wasn't Madison out there. Madison can't be so confused on 2 WR's playing close that he lets both fly by him when he's got no safety cover. He also doesn't get beat by TE's.
-O. Ayan. Going to be just fine as the backup FB.
-A.P.B out on Thompson. Not asking you to make the huge catches but come on catch the damn ball
-McKnight. Bad hands? Coulda fooled me. McKnight be rocking out there. GREAT special teams strip also.
-Atlanta's Alge......pay attention to him guys. That's what I hope McMicheal will be one day.
-Wade Smith. Looked alright but there was a lot of quick passes. Not many oppurtunities to watch him.

-Fletch is doing so-so
-Rogers is kicking *** out there
-Still unsure about Rogers future..I think we will keep Stemke for another week.
-Fiedler looks good 13 for 17.
-Ricky has not done squat today
-Thomas was not out there today...didn't doa thing
-Seau had some okay plays....then wasn't there either
-Good to see Greenwood making a play
-Obafemi is the BEST backup for this system

The score should read 20-3 in favor of the fins.

No Vick.

RW 9 carries, -1 yards?! This is the Flacons, 23rd defense last year.

What's up chambers, I've held back this whole preseason but I'm about to blow up by the Texans game if he doesn't do ****. He needs to STEP UP.

Offense has been a bit creative, good.

Charlie Rogers doing good.

JT - Is showing Probowl form

Seau - I think he is feigning blitzes and what not but really hasnt made any big play at all and on the few coverages he had it looked like he was trailing.

Wade Smith - holding his own

Todd Wade - is it just me or is he playing the worst on the OL. Seems to be getting beat by the speed rush and barely blocking people out.

Fletcher - broke up a great pass to the Atlanta TE and I was feeling good and then gave up that stupid long pass to Finnerman. Gonna keep watching him.

Madison - guy is ****y or something cause that TD pass to Price should not have happened.

Greenwood - again...where is this guy?

Knight - I saw him miss a few tackles...Im just slightly worried.

Fiedler - is doing well.

Charlie Rogers - has shown great elusiveness he needs to stay for sure.

McKnight - he has been the star on offense. Made a few tough catches so far.

Chambers - he should have caught that long ball even tho Buchanon had tight coverage and the ball was a lil behind.

2nd half comments:

-Griese still holds that ball far too long.
-Simmons made a great return. I'd like to see Rogers dumped and go with Minor/Simmons as Rogers hasn't shown me much all preseason.
-Femi's brother made a nice pick up on Duckett and smacked him backwards which is hard to do.
-Robert Edwards is making a case for himself again.
-Thompson's finally showing up and made a nice sliding catch.

Ricky hasn't done anything except 27 yards recieving and setting us up for our first TD...:rolleyes2

27 yards receiving...BIG DEAL...you think that will get it down on game day....people these days :rolleyes:

LOL...I highly doubt he is playing like its game day...and a quick thing...He wasn't in for 3 quarters pal.

biggest thing that stood out for me was how atrocious the run blocking was. If it doesnt get better our rushing this season will not be good.

Exactly it's not that Ricky didn't do squat, it's the offensive line didn't let him do squat...

I R concerned. Where has the running game gone? Has Ricky rushed for over 20yds? I mean in all three games combined?
Griese still holds the ball too long.
D looks great
Simmons, Tolver and Rodgers, oh my!

What is all the bashing of Griese for. He had very nice velocity and made nice throws. He does show awareness. Him stepping up and running across the line to avoid sacks were great. Holds the ball far too long? So what if he does not get sacked and gets it to the receiver. Ryan Leaf threw it away fast...

RW

Is the least of our problems he was looking tentative out there tonight as well as all preseason, it's a different story come Season time. It was the same thing last year, preseason. I'm more concerned about the O-line... And boy do we need Surtain back.

Originally posted by Prime Time
-Thomas was not out there today...didn't doa thing

The problem with this is tha we're so used to having Zach Thomas need to be in every play for the play to be dead, but Seau, Knight, JT, Timbo, Chester and the rest were getting there efore him.. It's a good sign.. Miami allowed 7 points in one half a game.. They keep this up, We'll be a little short of the record..

Originally posted by SoCalJimbo
What is all the bashing of Griese for. He had very nice velocity and made nice throws. He does show awareness. Him stepping up and running across the line to avoid sacks were great. Holds the ball far too long? So what if he does not get sacked and gets it to the receiver. Ryan Leaf threw it away fast...

I'm not bashing. He was lucky to avoid the one sack. The problem with someone who holds the ball that long is the fact that your offensive line is much more likely to start holding and he's going to get decked bad doing that. Look at Bledsoe.

Also you might want to check your taping. Griese was missing some easy dump offs before he left. When he's missing throws that you know Jay would hit you know there is no controversy over who the starter is.

Back
Top Bottom