Quinn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn

MotownPhins#1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Although i havent posted but once prior to this (and yes i am a Phin fan as well as a Wolverine), i have been reading up on all the things being said about Quinn and how some people feel we should have taken him..i for one, who has seen him get humiliated at times by many of the Big 10 teams, was happy that we didnt take him.....but here is a little something that some of you may or may not be aware of...hope this works, if not, fogive me in advance......

god bless the fins and god bless blue!

QUINN ALREADY WEARING OUT HIS WELCOME?
Browns fans were thrilled when the team traded back into round one in order to stop the free-fall of quarterback Brady Quinn. We're not so sure that they still feel that way.
First, there's the suggestion that the guy who was taken with the No. 22 overall pick in the draft wants to be paid as if he was drafted in the top ten.
But, you see, he wasn't. He was No. 22. And, for draft picks, a guy's first contract is tied directly to where he was drafted.
Randy Moss accepted this reality at No. 21. Other guys who became superstars despite not being picked in the first 20 selections did so as well. Quinn is entitled to no exception here, and a holdout will only hurt his chances to connect with the denizens of the Dawg Pound.
And, as far as the Browns fans go, there's only one thing worse than attempting to gouge the team. It's attempting to gouge the fans themselves.
According to WEWS in Cleveland, Quinn was at a local mall on Saturday to sign autographs. The only catch? The minimum cost for a signed item was $75, and the maximum was $225.
Fans who brought their own items for signature reportedly weren't permitted to get the items signed.
Just as one NFL train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

There are a lot of jerks on football teams. Him wanting more money doesnt make me feel good about not drafting him.

If Beck turns out to be better than Quinn, that will make me feel good about not drafting him.

Although i havent posted but once prior to this (and yes i am a Phin fan as well as a Wolverine), i have been reading up on all the things being said about Quinn and how some people feel we should have taken him..i for one, who has seen him get humiliated at times by many of the Big 10 teams, was happy that we didnt take him.....but here is a little something that some of you may or may not be aware of...hope this works, if not, fogive me in advance......

Browns fans were thrilled when the team traded back into round one in order to stop the free-fall of quarterback Brady Quinn. We're not so sure that they still feel that way.
First, there's the suggestion that the guy who was taken with the No. 22 overall pick in the draft wants to be paid as if he was drafted in the top ten.
But, you see, he wasn't. He was No. 22. And, for draft picks, a guy's first contract is tied directly to where he was drafted.
Randy Moss accepted this reality at No. 21. Other guys who became superstars despite not being picked in the first 20 selections did so as well. Quinn is entitled to no exception here, and a holdout will only hurt his chances to connect with the denizens of the Dawg Pound.
And, as far as the Browns fans go, there's only one thing worse than attempting to gouge the team. It's attempting to gouge the fans themselves.
According to WEWS in Cleveland, Quinn was at a local mall on Saturday to sign autographs. The only catch? The minimum cost for a signed item was $75, and the maximum was $225.
Fans who brought their own items for signature reportedly weren't permitted to get the items signed.

Just as one NFL train wreck finally is unfolding in Atlanta, we sense another one coming on the shores of Lake Erie. It might not happen this year, but it's coming.

Some people go out of thier way to hate Quinn. Does anybody think he is the only one and do they know the circumstances. I m sure Ted Ginn will just give away signed items.

We are blessed we didnt get this joker...All the lying about wanting to go and play in Cleveland because he is attached to the team is BS. Thank my stars more everyday we did not pick up this loser. I hope they do not fold and he get paid his 22nd pick...If he does get top ten money the first thing he should do is go and get that girlfriend of his one hell of a facelift!

We are blessed we didnt get this joker...All the lying about wanting to go and play in Cleveland because he is attached to the team is BS. Thank my stars more everyday we did not pick up this loser. I hope they do not fold and he get paid his 22nd pick...If he does get top ten money the first thing he should do is go and get that girlfriend of his one hell of a facelift!

Lot of hate here, for what reason I dont know.

He just wants to make the money where he was expected to go in the draft. It isnt the first time a player used this tactic to get more money. He will come out making more maney than the 22nd pick should get, but nowhere near what he wants, and he knows it. Its called negotiating.

I know you won't be thanking your lucky stars, if he turns out to be a probowler.

Lot of hate here, for what reason I dont know.

He just wants to make the money where he was expected to go in the draft. It isnt the first time a player used this tactic to get more money. He will come out making more maney than the 22nd pick should get, but nowhere near what he wants, and he knows it. Its called negotiating.

I know you won't be thanking your lucky stars, if he turns out to be a probowler.

I don't have alot of hate until people start to get overgreedy. If he was picked top ten and wanted top ten money i wouldnt mind. But he wasnt picked top ten so by no means should he get top ten money. If he does, just imagine what this will do to middle round draft picks next year. Everyone will be screaming they feel they should have gone in the top ten who were drafted later and even more holdout could occur...Look at Aaron rodgers, he went 25 and was considered top ten. He didnt complain. I just do not think it is justified by any means. You were picked where you were picked and you should get paid as such...

Its a travesty that these unknown rookies even holdout anyways.

I don't have alot of hate until people start to get overgreedy. If he was picked top ten and wanted top ten money i wouldnt mind. But he wasnt picked top ten so by no means should he get top ten money. If he does, just imagine what this will do to middle round draft picks next year. Everyone will be screaming they feel they should have gone in the top ten who were drafted later and even more holdout could occur...Look at Aaron rodgers, he went 25 and was considered top ten. He didnt complain. I just do not think it is justified by any means. You were picked where you were picked and you should get paid as such...

Its a travesty that these unknown rookies even holdout anyways.

That would be true, if it wasn't so well reported that the Browns were doing everything they could to trade up to get him. They also gave up a lot to get him. To any good agent, that will tell me he deserves more money than where he was picked. I don't know many football players that don't want to get the most they can, esp coming out of college.

And Quinn is far from an unknown rookie.

75 bucks for an autograph. A rookie autograph. Never in my life would I pay that

That would be true, if it wasn't so well reported that the Browns were doing everything they could to trade up to get him. They also gave up a lot to get him. To any good agent, that will tell me he deserves more money than where he was picked. I don't know many football players that don't want to get the most they can, esp coming out of college.

In terms of unknown rookie I mean he hasnt done anything on an NFL field so he is unproven, just as every rookie is.

Because a team moves up to get a player should not suggest that player gets more money by any means. The point is the player should get paid where he was picked regardless of any circumstance. For arguments sake If anything paying a player more for moving up should be opposite...The player should get less. If a team moves up to get a player the agent should not command more money as you have pointed out, but morally speaking should command less money because firstly, the team gave up the value of picks to move up, and now the team has to give up even more money for salary because they moved up. The team could state that if they did not move up to get the player he would have fallen even farther and lost even more money and therefore we should pay him to where we think he would have fallen but since we are paying him where he was picked we are doing him a favor.

The point is he was picked at 22, he should get paid at 22

More like NFL unproven...

PFT: Quinn Already Wearing Out His Welcome

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The Ginn pick is looking better and better as the days go by. It looks like another good job by our F.O.

Top ten money??????? I guess he thinks he can earn it through autographs.
That is some serious BS and I hope the fans let him know it.

Back
Top Bottom