Quote Limit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quote Limit

GCD960

Club Member
Reaction score
Can a character limit be imposed on quotes? It is frustrating to have to scroll down these long pages for a quote, especially when all the poster writes is "Good Post".

I guess this bothers me more than others because I use my phone to view the site a majority of the time and these quotes take forever for me to scroll through. But I do recall this being troublesome from a station as well.

Maybe it could help with space for you guys also. How usefull is it in general for these entire posts to be quoted?

Personally I dont quote long posts.IMO its unnecesary but its pretty much uncontrollable if a member wants to do it.

Its not against our TOS but we will look into it.Thanks for the suggestion :)

Can a character limit be imposed on quotes? It is frustrating to have to scroll down these long pages for a quote, especially when all the poster writes is "Good Post".

I guess this bothers me more than others because I use my phone to view the site a majority of the time and these quotes take forever for me to scroll through. But I do recall this being troublesome from a station as well.

Maybe it could help with space for you guys also. How usefull is it in general for these entire posts to be quoted?

Done :)

Thanks Mindwarp for finding the solution :D

Is there anyway just to have a character limit on quotes? This new drop down feature makes threads hard to read in the context they were meant to be. I know that probably sounds lazy but when your just scrolling down through a thread it makes a difference.

Is there anyway just to have a character limit on quotes? This new drop down feature makes threads hard to read in the context they were meant to be. I know that probably sounds lazy but when your just scrolling down through a thread it makes a difference.

The hack doesn't change the context...eliminating part of the quote would change the context. What if the significant part of the quoted text is outside the character limit? :lol:

When you click the bar to expand the quote, it is all there just like it would be if the hack was not installed. :wink:

The hack doesn't change the context...eliminating part of the quote would change the context. What if the significant part of the quoted text is outside the character limit? :lol:

When you click the bar to expand the quote, it is all there just like it would be if the hack was not installed. :wink:

True, but what I meant was if your reading down through a thread and someone quoted someone else and made a response it usually seems out of context from the thread without seeing the quote first.

:hmmm: Just take some getting used to I suppose.

True, but what I meant was if your reading down through a thread and someone quoted someone else and made a response it usually seems out of context from the thread without seeing the quote first.

:hmmm: Just take some getting used to I suppose.

I understand now bro :)

I totally agree!! IT is getting to be a chore just to read threads now.

Is there a way to change this in our preferences? I would like the default to have all quotes opened.

You sure? The last few threads I've viewed all the quotes were open for some reason.

He is absolutely sure...

It has to be one way or the other...it is hard coded into the template and is not user selectable.

I set it to open by default so see how it looks.

He is absolutely sure...

It has to be one way or the other...it is hard coded into the template and is not user selectable.

Ah, okay.

He is absolutely sure...

You the man!! THANKS! :D

Thats good.The members with the blackberrys are in the minority and they will have to collapse their quotes if they so choose.

Of course the majority could be using small handheld units for their browsing in the future.

Back
Top Bottom