R. Brown's Versatility | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

R. Brown's Versatility

shellgh0st

D-Unit
Reaction score
The greatest thing about brown is that he can do it all. This versatility takes away offensive predictability.

So much of what NFL teams do is based on situational personal. Teams have a short yardage back, a every down back, a 3rd down back. This keys the defenses in on to what players to put on and off the field. They want to get the better match ups. It limits a offense to a certain style of plays they can successfully run and makes it much easier on defenses.

When you have a guy like Brown that can stay on the field every down, regardless of down and distance, the defense doesn't get its Que from the offense as to what personal to bring in. Does a defense really want to put in undersized speedy LBs on 3rd and 7 to play pass coverage with Brown in the backfield or do they stay with the starting LBs and risk Brown running a route on them? Does the defense stay with their slower "every down" LBs on 1st and 10 and risk Brown shifting to the slot and eating up the zone or man coverage against the slower LBs?

This versatility is golden. It is a nightmare to defend. It takes away predictability from the offense. This is why Saban keeps saying it. Most people do not understand what it really means, Saban does.

My brother is a huge Dolphin's fan, and I've followed and rooted for them my whole life, but my team is the Eagles. Being an Eagles fan, I can tell you that having a versatile running back like B. Westbrook, has helped us so much. To me, Brown is a stronger, bigger and faster, Westbrook. Westbrook is a nightmare for teams to slow down, even before Owens became an Eagle.

The Dolphins are on the right path. Adding great players with the limited picks. AWESOME job. A+ draft so far. Brown is a BEAST.

shellgh0st said:
The greatest thing about brown is that he can do it all. This versatility takes away offensive predictability.

So much of what NFL teams do is based on situational personal. Teams have a short yardage back, a every down back, a 3rd down back. This keys the defenses in on to what players to put on and off the field. They want to get the better match ups. It limits a offense to a certain style of plays they can successfully run and makes it much easier on defenses.

When you have a guy like Brown that can stay on the field every down, regardless of down and distance, the defense doesn't get its Que from the offense as to what personal to bring in. Does a defense really want to put in undersized speedy LBs on 3rd and 7 to play pass coverage with Brown in the backfield or do they stay with the starting LBs and risk Brown running a route on them? Does the defense stay with their slower "every down" LBs on 1st and 10 and risk Brown shifting to the slot and eating up the zone or man coverage against the slower LBs?

This versatility is golden. It is a nightmare to defend. It takes away predictability from the offense. This is why Saban keeps saying it. Most people do not understand what it really means, Saban does.

My brother is a huge Dolphin's fan, and I've followed and rooted for them my whole life, but my team is the Eagles. Being an Eagles fan, I can tell you that having a versatile running back like B. Westbrook, has helped us so much. To me, Brown is a stronger, bigger and faster, Westbrook. Westbrook is a nightmare for teams to slow down, even before Owens became an Eagle.

The Dolphins are on the right path. Adding great players with the limited picks. AWESOME job. A+ draft so far. Brown is a BEAST.
thank you, I agree

Fin also had a lot of trouble on the goaline

last year goaline offence was probably the worst display of offence
I have every watched :eek:

Back
Top Bottom