"Radio Row" Ramblings from Madison | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Radio Row" Ramblings from Madison

Originally posted by Lukin
inFinsible, you must not be much of a Rock fan to call Paul McCartney, "that beatles dude". His wife is Heather Mills-McCartney and she's the hottest amputee ever.

And didn't John Bobbit have his member sewed back on? So technically he's and ex-amputee.....:samurai:

there's also a wrestler with 1 leg. weird.
Never claimed to be a rock fan;)....BUT, I was being purposely vague because I did know Paul McCartney was married to Heather Mills....

I was trying to convey that she was barely a celebrity, thus I barely knew who she was....guess I lost something in the translation...:(.

BTW, do you know if her father's name is "General"?

You guys get way too involved in some of these discussions..well at least I know ya'll are paying attention. LOL

With Sam Madison maturity has always been a process. At first he was always running his mouth and giving the opponent bulletin board material. Then he found out that was not the right thing to do. Unfortunately it seemed like after than he directed his mouth toward his fellow teammates (Surtain and his wife), and the head coach. I think how he approaches this re-negotiation will show us a lot about how far he's come. Originally I wanted him off the team based on the rumors that he was still not on board with Wannstedt...but if he really approaches the re-negotiation in earnest then...well he's still Sam Madison. And he still any given year could reach back and find that All Pro we know him to be. He never made his name off his physical speed so I don't see why he's become so burnable the last two years...he's not one of those guys likely to fade after 5 years.

Re: "Radio Row" Ramblings from Madison

ZOD:

He's a solid CB, but I think he understands he has not earned the $ he has been paid the last several years. If you read his tone/intent correctly it's refreshing to see a player who still has a conscience.

I hope he sticks around, of course 4 the right price though. :D

Oliver...

Yeah I like Madison but he's definatley not worth a lot of money. there are WAY to many good DB's in the FA this year. But I hope you all are right and he restructures his contract for less money.

Speaking of corners, Is Baltimore really gonna let McAllister get away? That would be a major blow to them as a young team trying to rebuild their dominant defense. I thought they were way under the cap and could basically afford anyone.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
"what's fair" could also mean...In Sam's view...i've been a top corner in the NFL and have done a lot for this team...ya, i'm willing to restructure if "its fair" meaning...don't think i'm gonna play for a lot less after all i've done...so if i don't think its fair...release me...b/c another team in the NFL will be willing to pay the "fair" amount for me to play!!!

I knew that was going to be the "suspect" line in print. I tried to convey that the general demeanor (at least in the tone of his voice) was that of a player that knew that he would be required to take the hit this year. Oh well. :huh:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
With Sam Madison maturity has always been a process. At first he was always running his mouth and giving the opponent bulletin board material. Then he found out that was not the right thing to do. Unfortunately it seemed like after than he directed his mouth toward his fellow teammates (Surtain and his wife), and the head coach. I think how he approaches this re-negotiation will show us a lot about how far he's come. Originally I wanted him off the team based on the rumors that he was still not on board with Wannstedt...but if he really approaches the re-negotiation in earnest then...well he's still Sam Madison. And he still any given year could reach back and find that All Pro we know him to be. He never made his name off his physical speed so I don't see why he's become so burnable the last two years...he's not one of those guys likely to fade after 5 years.

If you would have heard him discuss the Fiedler issue so politically you would have been somewhat reassured of his maturity. QB speculation was brought up by the hosts and Sam said that he didn't know the direction the team was headed in that regard but he asserted that right now "Fiedler is our QB". Then continued with "we have got to have a second option because every year that he has been in Miami he has went down to an injury and we have lost those games".

If Madison will stand by this guy, I think he's pretty much learned his lesson. Then again only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom