Raiders now trade partners | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders now trade partners

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8404194

The Raiders recently just traded TE Doug Jolley for a 1st round pick to the jets...so that would give them a 1st, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds...the reason they've done this is cause there enamored with the fact that qb aaron rodgers is gonna be picked in the top 10...they are looking to trade up to get there qb for the future, cause there still not 100% sold on Collins throwing the rock every down cause as many tds as the guy can throw he'll throw just as many ints!

Now this actually solidifies the raiders as trade partners and they would have to trade up with either us or the browns...and I think there not gonna risk trading with the browns...they will just go directly in our direction...

So for them to move up they'd have to give a 1st, both 2nds, and both 3rds which would give us a plentiful amount of picks that would make saban have a heartattack! But I'm pretty certain if we do this somehow Patrick Surtain will be involved since they just got rid of Philip Buchanon cause he didnt want to be in Oakland anymore...

So it would probobly be this

1st and Pat Surtain

for

1st, both 2nds, and both 3rds

Good thing bout this in my opinion is its a late first so saban cant really take one of the best players in the drafts or one of the top running backs but we have plenty of weapons to do that...and this would total of 6 picks on day 1 the most of anyone

So heres my lil mock draft if this goes down

1st 26th overall - Matt Jones WR Arkansas...I dont think saban will pass on this guy if he takes him cause he really wants big explosive weapons and thats exactly what this guy is, risk or not!
2nd 38th overall - David Bass OG/C Michigan...Saban already got one big offensive weapon and its probobly a risk but could turn out real big...i think we cant take any more risks til at least the third round...right now saban just gets a sound player that can play 3/5 of the offensive line positions!
2nd 47th overall - Ciatrick Fason RB Florida...Saban has actually kept his love of this runningback hidden just like everything else, fason not really a burner but with a low 4.5 40 at best hes still got very good speed and hes football fast and you cant forget he can catch out of the backfield very well!
3rd 69th overall - Adrian Mcpherson QB AFL/Florida State...Saban was blown away by his workouts and all, the guys got the best arm in the draft and overall is the best put together qb but hes got lots of questions, hasnt played against top competition yet and only played a handful of games in college, but i think saban will see past it since we really dont have a qb to throw his new weapon Matt Jones the ball!
3rd 70th overall - James Butler S Georgia Tech...Hes as equal in pass coverage as he is in run coverage...this guys a monster on the field and makes plays all day long despite running a disappointing 40, but it was still a 4.49 which in my opinion is hella fast!
3rd 78th overall - Luis Castillo DT Northwestern...Dolphins everywhere are confused why they would take another pothead, but saban again looks past it cause he knows this kid falling to the third is a sin and hes gonna play like his first round capability!

I can't see Saban moving that far down. I do think that there is a chance the Raiders would go after Surtain. Certainly, Al Davis likes good CB's and Norv Turner, of all people, should know the value of Surtain. Of course, their cap situation is not the best with Woodson costing them $10.5 million.

However, if they can squeeze Surtain in, I would love for them to contact us. The 2nd rounder from Houston (#47) is virtually equal to KC's (#46). At the very least, if the Raiders got into the mix, it would put pressure on KC.

If I were Saban, I'd call Norv Turner and discuss Surtain for the #47 pick. At the very least, he could put out a statement, "We've talked with Oakland about Surtain, if KC balks at a deal."

they only have one second.

the deal was #26 for Jolley and #47.

Buddwalk said:
...the reason they've done this is cause there enamored with the fact that qb aaron rodgers is gonna be picked in the top 10...they are looking to trade up to get there qb for the future, cause there still not 100% sold on Collins throwing the rock every down cause as many tds as the guy can throw he'll throw just as many ints!

Where did you get this part?

finsnchips said:
they only have one second.

the deal was #26 for Jolley and #47.

cbs was just reporting 26 for jolley straight up...im sorry if im wrong but CBS has said this

Buddwalk said:
cbs was just reporting 26 for jolley straight up...im sorry if im wrong but CBS has said this
CBS is wrong then...

I think the Raiders also gave up 2 of their 4 6th round picks.

No way in hell I'd move out of the top ten. Sliding to 7 makes me feel queasy even.

I think we need an impact player. Somebody wil maximum potential and that is possible to get at 5, 7 or 2

Yeah it has to be BS, the raiders would get RAIDED if they had to trade with us. You think they want to loose all of their draft choices for this year? Even if they try to trade us some of their picks from next year, Saban wants picks now not later.

There are no stupid ideas, there are only stupid posts. :cap:

Actually, there are no stupid ideas ... just stupid people who put up stupid posts. :lol: and mea culpa on that!

Back
Top Bottom