Raiders suspend Antonio Brown after altercation with GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders suspend Antonio Brown after altercation with GM

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

Some former teammates are speculating that his change in behavior may be a result of CTE.

In an ironic twist, it was Burfict that held AB back from Mayock after threatening to punch him in the face.

CTE would be the most logical explanation, but the change in behavior happened immediately after he got paid. Either way, what he did in Oakland is pretty insane. It's likely in everyones best interest if he is done playing football. I thought he was just an extremely immature diva, but there could be validity to him losing his mind after that hit. If thats the case, he needs to leave the game and go work on his mental state.

Why did they get rid of Amari Cooper?

Culture change! :lol:

It's obvious Cooper wasn't reaching his potential in Oakland. I don't know if it was on Derek Carr, play calling, protection, maybe a mixture of everything? I couldn't tell you. If I had to put my money on it, i'd say Derek Carr isn't that guy. They got a first round pick for Cooper but look at the spot they are in now. Amari Cooper and Tyrell Williams would be looking pretty nice with their rookie RB, especially if they found a way to bring in some competition for Carr. I don't know if you've been watching Hard Knocks, but Gruden is a caricature of his former self. Antonio Brown's ego is only dwarfed by Gruden's, and Mike Mayock has likely been pulling the hair out of his head for the last few months. I think the Vegas Raiders are going to be a disaster, regardless of how fast they resolve the Antonio Brown situation (they should cut him immediately & recoup that money).

If Antonio Brown is threatening to punch the GM before Week 1, wait til he realizes the drop off from Big Ben to Derek Carr. Yikes! If I am Mayock, i'm suspending and cutting Brown as fast as I can. This is not going to work.

In an ironic twist, it was Burfict that held AB back from Mayock after threatening to punch him in the face.

CTE would be the most logical explanation, but the change in behavior happened immediately after he got paid. Either way, what he did in Oakland is pretty insane. It's likely in everyones best interest if he is done playing football. I thought he was just an extremely immature diva, but there could be validity to him losing his mind after that hit. If thats the case, he needs to leave the game and go work on his mental state.

Lol...joke's on him - he ain't gettin' paid sh*t if they cut him, which would serve him right. BTW, he was as much a diva BEFORE that hit but it was well handled/covered up by Tomlin and the Steeler FO:

Ryan Clark has been saying for over a year that he saw signs of this in Pittsburgh and knew once he got money this would happen. There is a story about how he tried to fight Dick Lebeau because a steeler CB pressed him and AB complained and LeBeau told him to go back to the huddle

There is probably some mental illness going on too so I hope he gets help but apparently he has always been semi crazy.

Ryan Clark has been saying for over a year that he saw signs of this in Pittsburgh and knew once he got money this would happen. There is a story about how he tried to fight Dick Lebeau because a steeler CB pressed him and AB complained and LeBeau told him to go back to the huddle

There is probably some mental illness going on too so I hope he gets help but apparently he has always been semi crazy.

Cowherd alluded to Ryan Clark having a recent conversation with Tomlin after what has happened in Oakland where Tomlin said "you have no clue how much we covered up for AB". I think Pittsburgh being the reputable franchise that it is did a hell of a job of hiding this disaster. Tomlin catches crap for being too much of a player's coach, but managing AB, LeVeon, and Big Ben? wow. no easy task. Gruden and Mayock could never do it, that is for sure.

Money not guaranteed unless he is on the opening day roster, which is not the case if he is in a suspended state.

If I'm Oakland I absolutely cut him

Disrespected the legendary Mayock?

No way!

He's outta there!

BTW, he was as much a diva BEFORE that hit but it was well handled/covered up by Tomlin

I've been curious about this. To the casual observer he seemed like a class act in Pittsburgh until last year. They did a hell of a cover job.

Otherwise the next likeliest scenario is he became a cocaine enthusiast in the last few years!

Apparently Oakland is gonna back off suspension. If they do that without adjusting the guarantees of the contract . . . They are fools.

Apparently Oakland is gonna back off suspension. If they do that without adjusting the guarantees of the contract . . . They are fools.
He's the only thing they have going on offense, 2 bad years in row for Gruden would be awful and it would also look awful for Oakland who traded for him.

Back
Top Bottom