Raiders vs. Browns Reportedly Rescheduled to Monday amid COVID-19 Concerns | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders vs. Browns Reportedly Rescheduled to Monday amid COVID-19 Concerns

If our best players on offense and defense can't play Sunday our game should be moved.

I'm sorry but if 20 players got covid you weren't following guidelines or common sense. Why are teams getting an advantage?

If dolphins can't have waddle and holland back and they loose nfl needs to explain their logic between when is enough to postpone a game.

If our best players on offense and defense can't play Sunday our game should be moved.

I'm sorry but if 20 players got covid you weren't following guidelines or common sense. Why are teams getting an advantage?

If dolphins can't have waddle and holland back and they loose nfl needs to explain their logic between when is enough to postpone a game.
The guidelines minimize but don't prevent exposure. Most of these teams had players play on Sunday who shortly came down with covid, no way you can play football without guys getting in close contact.

The guidelines minimize but don't prevent exposure. Most of these teams had players play on Sunday who shortly came down with covid, no way you can play football without guys getting in close contact.
I understand. My point is how is moving the raiders vs WFT game fair to the raiders? NFL said they were going to make teams forfeit games this season but now that rule has suddenly changed just as the raiders were trying to board their flight. Now they have a short week against a division rival. We also have 4 teams playing on Tuesday.

I problem I have is the NFL came out and said we won’t reschedule games this season. It will be a forfeit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/07/22/nfl-wont-allow-rescheduled-games-covid-19

Lets not even get into the fact that a majority of these players still may not be available on Monday.

I understand. My point is how is moving the raiders vs WFT game fair to the raiders? NFL said they were going to make teams forfeit games this season but now that rule has suddenly changed just as the raiders were trying to board their flight. Now they have a short week against a division rival. We also have 4 teams playing on Tuesday.

I problem I have is the NFL came out and said we won’t reschedule games this season. It will be a forfeit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/07/22/nfl-wont-allow-rescheduled-games-covid-19

Lets not even get into the fact that a majority of these players still may not be available on Monday.
I think that was based on if team's weren't responsible getting the vast majority of their players vaccinated and/or weren't adhering to protocols. It doesn't really seem like there was a lack of responsibility going on - there's a new strain going around causing a surge though it's resulted in less serious symptoms from what I've heard at the moment. I mean no team has had widespread covid issues all year and now some quarter of the league's teams are all at the same time having outbreaks - clearly something is going on. And FWIW we are one of those teams.

Myself, I much prefer a reasonable response to an evolving situation rather than an arbitrary letter of the law type thing. Others may not feel the same I guess.

I think that was based on if team's weren't responsible getting the vast majority of their players vaccinated and/or weren't adhering to protocols. It doesn't really seem like there was a lack of responsibility going on - there's a new strain going around causing a surge though it's resulted in less serious symptoms from what I've heard at the moment. I mean no team has had widespread covid issues all year and now some quarter of the league's teams are all at the same time having outbreaks - clearly something is going on. And FWIW we are one of those teams.

Myself, I much prefer a reasonable response to an evolving situation rather than an arbitrary letter of the law type thing. Others may not feel the same I guess.

I agree with it being difficult to be black and white in these situations, but how do you not punish the Raiders (a team in the hunt)? They were about to board their plane when they found out. Also puts them on a short week.

If the NFL didn't want to have a black and white standard they should have built more flexibility into their schedule this year imo. Meaningless games they wouldn't need to play.

Just thought about this, over the next 6 days we have 5 days of NFL football watching. It's everything my wife has dreaded.... Its happening boys! NFL football everyday of the week!!!!

Back
Top Bottom