Ramsey, and heres why.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey, and heres why....

I just don't want to give up a 1st round pick for him, we don't have a 2nd and the skins won't take a 3rd so I say the hell with it and lets take a chance on Henson who has a bigger upside and will probably cost less and nothing this year.

Ozzy rules!

You are not thinking in context of what he had to work with, remember he was throwing to DT in 2002 and the Fins signed DT and look what happen with Jay throwing at the same guy.
Ramsey made him a hero Jay turns him into a Zero.
It would be nice to take a chance on Henson or Rivers but you have to admit, that's all it would be.
Ramsey would make the throws that Jay couldn't and would have been the diference in 2003.
Gibbs wants a veteran, if you believe in his judgement why would you look at the draft for a QB.

I'm surprised at you Fin-atic....

I would've thought you'd be in favor of Ramsey in Miami.....

Rivers??? - His stock is rising very fast. After the combine, I doubt he'll be there at #20. He's a rookie, and will need at least a year on the bench as well....

Henson??? - This guy could be a huge bust for all we know. He's a great athlete yes, but then again so is Fiedler. He only played 8 games in college, and has been out of football for three straight years. He's a huge risk IMO....

QB P. Ramsey has starting experience. He's ready now. He was doing great in Washington until he was injured. I think he'd be a significant upgrade over Fiedler, not just a minimal one....

One other thing. Dave and Rick don't have one season to wait for a project QB like Rivers or Henson to pan out. They are desperate to find a solid starting QB now. P. Ramsey is that QB. He's got all the tools to be a great QB some day. We'd be lucky to have him IMO.....

Just ask some of the Pats/Jets/Bills fans what they think about the thought of Ramsey in Miami....They're scared ****less!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Blitz I agree with you, I think the fins need to send a clear message line up eight and we'll kill you, look at the Panthers they are similar to the Fins they made a real game of it because they can throw when they have to.
The Pats would not score that many points on our D.

I am and have been on board the Ramsey Bandwagon now for a while ... although I think if Rivers is still there at 20 you have to take him. Regardless of other needs.

I mean seriously ... if you think about it ... everyone is saying we need a really solid #2 Reciever ... and if we get Ramsey then our #2 reciever is probably solved already since Ramsey and DT have a chemistry together that was good enough to make Miami think they needed DT.

i knew fin-atic would be against, because he solely looks at stats. he probably didnt bother reading my post because hes been anti ramsey all along. He wants an immediate star, he would have been against starting tom brady, he would have been against trading for brett favre because both were nothing or mediocre in their prior careers.

rivers may not fall to us and we shouldnt trade up to get him. Henson hasnt played in four years, do you know anyone who is in the top1% of the worlds population like NFL players are. it's not common to get to the nfl, let alone take 3 years off and become a star immediately.

ramsey just makes the most sense. Youre using his numbers over his first 3 years and comparing them to fiedler despite the fact that fiedler had better talent around him and teams always trying to stop the run. whereas ramsey had a worse team around him and teams always playing the pass. That right there is a little boost in numbers. Add to that the fact that our blocking schemes wont get him killed. Fiedler was sacked 11 less times last year(still fumbled roughly the same amount) and O-line was awful, that tells you how much worse the skins was. He turns the ball over less, dont you realize that just those things there equate to probably 1 or 2 more wins and we havent even begin to discuss the other positives. 1-2 more wins is all we need to get to the playoffs, then it's anyones game.

Also, you know hes gonna work hard with a good QB coach in mark trestman because he wants to prove a lot of people in washington that they made a huge mistake.

let's get it done for the right price Rick

as i've said all along if the price for ramsey is a first rounder this year adn the price for henson is a 3rd next year then it makes the decision tougher, but i hope to be rooting for ramsey in 2005.

We don't need a peyton manning to win the super bowl with this team. Patrick Ramsey is just enough of an upgrade for the current team with the potential to be great for our future

Wow there is no way we take a chance on Henson. Like other's said he is the same age has ramsey and hasnt played contact for ball in 3 years. Do you really think he is gonna come in here and play better then fielder ??? not even if he rides the bench for 2 years. Ramsey is henson but with 3 more years of experince NFL experince. Ramsey is big upgrade over jay arm wise and every aspect of his game , ramsey is one of the toughest QB in football and he is only 25 years old. To the guy who doesnt want him here----There is no way in hell we can get a allstar QB, ramsey is the best QB we can get right now. I rather take ramsey and his nice contract then jay and his overpaid contract and ****ty football play when ramsey with ricky and cc and randy mcmichael would do a far better job then jay ever would.

Fact is ramsey is proven and henson is one huge question mark aswell as rivers. Ramsey can come in now and give us what rivers will give us in 3 years and i can tell you ramsey has a better arm then rivers.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
We don't need a peyton manning to win the super bowl with this team. Patrick Ramsey is just enough of an upgrade for the current team with the potential to be great for our future

That's exactly what I've been saying! 2 or 3 more TD's would have gotten us to the playoffs last year... Ramsey will bring us that, if nothing else. But IMHO, He brings even more.. In couple years I think Ramsey will be one of the elite QB's in this league as long as spurrior's not his coach.

I can tell you this now I would rather take ramsey over henson and rivers. Ramsey will be a elite QB one day and he is cap friendly. We dont need the best QB in the NFL to win a superbowl , i think tom brady proved that 2 times in the last 4 years.

fin atic you are wrong again, Ramsey has played 2 seasons, as 2004 has not taken place yet. It is funny how you incessantly fight the unfightable. Rivers and Henson are guarentess, yet a proven starter is a gamble Only in your world.

Long before this Ramsey-to-Miami talk ever started, I drafted a Rookie QB in my Madden 2004 Miami Franchise who's name was PATRICK Langer..... Ramsey has 6 letters, Langer has 6 letters. Coincidence? I think not.

I still think Rivers will prove to be the best of the group, and can even start as a rookie and possibly outplay both Ramsey and Henson.

The thing that makes Henson and Ramsey a nice pickup is that we can draft another need position at #20....Keep in mind though that there are some quality FA out there at our need positions too. I'd love to see us Draft rivers and sign T. Owens.

I suppose as long as we get one of them we are moving in the right direction....and we should all be optimistic about the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, rivers cant be guaranteed by draft day. these two can, rivers stock is rising and we may not have a shot at him on draft day, then we end up empty handed.

Originally posted by fin-atic
This is so wrong. You people need to stop dreaming about potential and look at FACTS. Numbers don't lie:

Ramsey has 3 years in the NFL and has never been more than medicore. He may be better than our current QB bvut what does that really say?

Tell me one thing, what did ricky do before he became a fin. He ran for 1 1000 yard season. People were prolly saying the same thing about him that your saying about Ramsey "Has never been more than mediocre". How can you judge that until you see him in a system that isnt spurrier's? He had NO RUNNING BACK and a blocking scheme that made their o-line worse than ours; what do you expect to happen??? It sounds a lot like the ricky deal if you ask me. A system that didnt work with a coach that wanted the player do use a style/system that didnt work(for ricky that was the fat powerback bettis style, and for ramsey it was the blocking schemes and the nasty routes the recievers were running).

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I'm surprised at you Fin-atic....

I would've thought you'd be in favor of Ramsey in Miami.....

Rivers??? - His stock is rising very fast. After the combine, I doubt he'll be there at #20. He's a rookie, and will need at least a year on the bench as well....

Henson??? - This guy could be a huge bust for all we know. He's a great athlete yes, but then again so is Fiedler. He only played 8 games in college, and has been out of football for three straight years. He's a huge risk IMO....

QB P. Ramsey has starting experience. He's ready now. He was doing great in Washington until he was injured. I think he'd be a significant upgrade over Fiedler, not just a minimal one....

One other thing. Dave and Rick don't have one season to wait for a project QB like Rivers or Henson to pan out. They are desperate to find a solid starting QB now. P. Ramsey is that QB. He's got all the tools to be a great QB some day. We'd be lucky to have him IMO.....

Just ask some of the Pats/Jets/Bills fans what they think about the thought of Ramsey in Miami....They're scared ****less!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

You hit it on the money. Ramsey has 3 years in the nfl 2 years starting under his belt, he can step right in and take the starting qb job with much less time learning because he has the experience.

Gibbs has never coached a game in the free agent era, he probably thinks he can keep ramsey riding the pine for 2-3 years, which will not happen. Remember, Gibbs hasnt been involved in football for 11 years, some things have changed drasticaly during that time.

I saw quite a few washington games this past season and the kid has a strong arm and can get out of the pocket with some decent speed.

Out of all the qb's being mentioned, he's the one i think can make the biggest impact in the quickest time. Plus he's super cheap salary cap-wise and i think there's 3 years left on the contract.

Back
Top Bottom