Ramsey = God | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey = God

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
If this Organization get Ramsey, this will be one of the greatest moves this organization has ever done. Right there with getting Ricky.

Everyone who thinks ramsey is no good obviously hasnt watched him play, because there is no way you can say he is just an upgrade to feidler. This guys is a blue chip and you will all be eating your words if the phins get him. I'm hoping so

I've offered a Redskins fans view before....Ramsey is a fine Qb who will only get better. The Phins would need to improve their O-line and get another receiver though...if can't do it all on his own!

Yeah, there's no doubt that the OL needs to be upgraded. But hey, as he proved last year, Ramsey can take a beating!

if Ramsey is GOD then why are the Skins trying to get Brunnell? Whats wrong with the picture esp when they offering him 20 mil.

Originally posted by fins4o8
if Ramsey is GOD then why are the Skins trying to get Brunnell? Whats wrong with the picture esp when they offering him 20 mil.
Thank you....:shakeno:

Because Gibbs is senile? And Snider loves spending way too much on aging vets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not completely, it was half in jest. I don't think Brunell is worth 20 mil and I don't think I Brunell is that much better then Ramsey because Ramsey has more upside. I know Gibbs wants a vet, and a vet is usually the better option, but Ramsey showed he can play, get him on a better all around team, a running game a better OL and a QB coach like we have and watch him grow.

Lets just hope if miami does decide to trade for Ramsey, that Trestman will groom him the way he has other QBs. The Skins aren't just throwing Ramsey away, their hoping to get a 1st round pick out of him. Maybe they figure win now with Brunnel, and trade Ramsey for A pick that can be used to improve another position.

The bottom line unfortunately is that the Skins are not dealing Ramsey unless he goes ballistic and forces a trade to happen. If that happens then yeah overall this Brunell coup will be considered a blunder on the part of the Redskins because the reason Gibbs is going after Brunell is because he feels he needs two QBs, not one. Ramsey is too tough for his own good and in the past it has gotten him injured. Brunell is old and injury prone. Chances are during the season he's going to need both QBs. Gibbs has apparently made having two good QBs work for him in the past, without all the controversy that teams usually try and avoid. Gibbs had absolutely no plans to get rid of Ramsey. He rebuffed all inquiries by other teams about Ramsey in trade.

I think the bottom line on this one, is that you have to ask yourself: is Ramsey the QB now that he could be in two years? No. Starting immediately in Spurrier's offense gave him some bad habits that have to be outright broken out of him and it might be difficult to do that while he has the burden of starting and leading the team on his shoulders. Brunell affords him that reprieve.

If Miami ends up with Ramsey they will be a lucky team because Gibbs dangerous plan will have backfired and Ramsey will have forced a trade. Gibbs isn't getting Brunell cuz he doesn't like Ramsey and wants to get rid of him. He's getting Brunell because he probably thinks Spurrier did damage to the kid that needs to be repaired and its gonna take longer than a training camp to do it.

Ramsey will stay in D.C.

I personally think he's a good QB. I would rather keep our first round pick though. I'm tired of giving away our picks.

Agree. I'd rather have our #1 pick. Basically its like drafting Ramsey.:confused:

Is there a link to a story that confirms that Miami is going after Ramsey? Would this be a 3-way deal involving Jax? Would we be throwing in a pick or defensive guy or both?

Ramsey is 23 years old and would be a true gem in Miami if we get the PROTECTION and another WIDE RECEIVER.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The bottom line unfortunately is that the Skins are not dealing Ramsey unless he goes ballistic and forces a trade to happen. If that happens then yeah overall this Brunell coup will be considered a blunder on the part of the Redskins because the reason Gibbs is going after Brunell is because he feels he needs two QBs, not one. Ramsey is too tough for his own good and in the past it has gotten him injured. Brunell is old and injury prone. Chances are during the season he's going to need both QBs. Gibbs has apparently made having two good QBs work for him in the past, without all the controversy that teams usually try and avoid. Gibbs had absolutely no plans to get rid of Ramsey. He rebuffed all inquiries by other teams about Ramsey in trade.

I think the bottom line on this one, is that you have to ask yourself: is Ramsey the QB now that he could be in two years? No. Starting immediately in Spurrier's offense gave him some bad habits that have to be outright broken out of him and it might be difficult to do that while he has the burden of starting and leading the team on his shoulders. Brunell affords him that reprieve.

If Miami ends up with Ramsey they will be a lucky team because Gibbs dangerous plan will have backfired and Ramsey will have forced a trade. Gibbs isn't getting Brunell cuz he doesn't like Ramsey and wants to get rid of him. He's getting Brunell because he probably thinks Spurrier did damage to the kid that needs to be repaired and its gonna take longer than a training camp to do it.
If what you're saying is true, and I'm not saying it is or isn't because I've never heard anything like it, but, wouldn't those same bad habits take as much time to fix in Miami as they would in Washington?. If we are looking for someone to come in and play right away then this would mean that ramsey isn't the right man for the job......and if we are going to use the 2oth pick on a QB I would prefer Rivers, or possibly Henson.....mainly because of the fact that throughout his whole college and NFL career the guy has never broken a 60% completion percentage and he is a sitting duck in the pocket....not good for the Dolphins IMO

Back
Top Bottom