Ramsey ... Henson ... Rivers ... Garcia ... Fiedler ... Other? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey ... Henson ... Rivers ... Garcia ... Fiedler ... Other?

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
On the one hand, I don't care who we get as long as Jay is not the QB next year (Btw, I supported Jay the last two years).

Soooo .... What direction would you go?

Ramsey - has NFL experience; very good arm; did a good job in a bad offensive system. But, could cost us our #1 pick. Oh, and comes with a contract in hand, pretty cap friendly.

Henson - agent getting a bit weird. Not too costly draft wise - with a 2005 2nd or conditional 3rd. But, will he be ready to play at all in 2004? Not likely. More likely 2005. Plus, he's still unproven.

Rivers - has shown lots of potential. Scouts are mixed, but, overall, people like him. Arm is average, but w/quick release. A leader and winner. Yet, can he start as a rookie? Not likely. Still unproven as far as the NFL is concerned.

Garcia - has talent; athletic ability; but, has been a bit inconsistent and is aging a bit. Get's banged up. Veteran who has shown ability to win. Could cost a lot money wise if released.

Fiedler - we're talking Jay Fiedler ... 'nough said. Could possibly stay as a starter if Henson or Rivers comes in (unless we go with a journeyman vet).

I really don't know other than the fact that I can't handle having Fiedler in the fold again. And, while I like Ramsey as the best option for one to step in now, as well as a potential 10 year guy at QB - I hate giving up the #1 pick (if Wash will trade him, of course).

If I had great confidence in Henson, I'd take him b/c of the delayed price (2005). Nevertheless, all things considered, if I had my drothers, I'd take Ramsey. You?

I'm not sold on Ramsey and would hate to give up first round pick for him. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he is over Fiedler.

I would vote for either Henson or Rivers. I like all of River's intangibles and think he will be a winner, however I like the fact that Henson could be had for a 2005 2nd rounder or conditional 3rd and the Dolphins could use the 1st round pick this year on OL or WR. Also, the Henson acquisition would be a "sure thing", the Dolphins would be rolling the dice on being able to get Rivers at 20. So, given the uncertainty of being able to acquire Rivers, I would probably vote for getting Henson, restructure Fiedler's contract, and let Henson & Fiedler compete.

One thing we have to keep in mind - neither Rivers or Henson are guaranteed to be successful. Picking a QB is tough early in the draft - there are probably just as many "busts" as success stories. That's probably another reason I like picking up Henson, a little less risk from the Dolphin's end for a guy who very likely would have been the #1 overall pick in the draft 3 years ago.

Eli...

Trade our next years #1, the rights to O-gun, and Madison. They get their defense, we get rid of his cap hit, a rookie franchise calibre QB who can start out of the box, we don't have to find the money to tender O-gun, and we get totally rid of Madison's cap hit this year. THAT would be the way to go..but does this franchise have hte balls to do it? psh....

they have one of the youngest secondaries in the nfl with the potential for future greatness if they get the chance to play now, used high draft picks on them, wont replace any with an aging madison.
and they have marcellus wiley at one end and i believe ray lee johnson at the other.. it's fun to think about, but doesnt make sense for the superchargers

Originally posted by ncdolfan
I'm not sold on Ramsey and would hate to give up first round pick for him. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he is over Fiedler.

I would vote for either Henson or Rivers. I like all of River's intangibles and think he will be a winner, however I like the fact that Henson could be had for a 2005 2nd rounder or conditional 3rd and the Dolphins could use the 1st round pick this year on OL or WR. Also, the Henson acquisition would be a "sure thing", the Dolphins would be rolling the dice on being able to get Rivers at 20. So, given the uncertainty of being able to acquire Rivers, I would probably vote for getting Henson, restructure Fiedler's contract, and let Henson & Fiedler compete.

One thing we have to keep in mind - neither Rivers or Henson are guaranteed to be successful. Picking a QB is tough early in the draft - there are probably just as many "busts" as success stories. That's probably another reason I like picking up Henson, a little less risk from the Dolphin's end for a guy who very likely would have been the #1 overall pick in the draft 3 years ago.

are you kinding me? you have obviously never seen Ramsey play he's a huge upgrade from Fiedler. he's got to be a top option for us

This year for me its pick a vet any vet.
Next year id love to have Mr. Rivers back there throwing the ball.

Gannon
Henson
Sage
gannon has the mobility thet Henson shows
If Gannon stays in Oak then restructure Bg and grab Henson. Behind a better line BG is ok.

Back
Top Bottom