Ramsey Restructures Contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey Restructures Contract

I guess it was unavoidable when we're this late in the game to get cap compliant. 🙄

I have such a deep disappointment in the Dolphins today.

All the players leaving, the cap issues, I just looked at ESPNs free agent top 100 tracker and realized about 1/4 the guys listed in the top 50 are our players. 😢

The future of the Dolphins looks about as bright as the darkest crevice in Ray's ass.
I seem to remember a poster here, likely drunk on egg nog and opiates, earnestly trying to make a point after the Dolphins beat the Cowboys last December, that the Dolphins were already a dynasty. Just a dynasty without any Super Bowl wins…yet. Poor guy. Maybe it was one of those throw away wins against the Jets or Washington that got him excited. Anyway, it was late in the season and he foresaw Tua running out of fingers for Super Bowl rings. Good times.

Dude stop, if we paid those players, we’d screw ourselves even further. The right move was to let them go.
Also your missing a huge part of it. It's not just the players leaving.

It's the years of a "rebuild" that failed. It's the almost 30 years without a playoff win.

The fact we don't have much young talent bc we simply havnt had draft picks due to Griers splashy trades that won us nothing and Ross sniffing around Tom Bradys jockstrap.

And now what? You expect me to sit here and put the blinders on and just pretend we're going to be better next year? Or pretend Grier and Co. have an actual plan for the future?

Grier has shown his plan. It's spend a ton on corners and pass rushers, make a big trade to entice the media and the fans and then ignore key important stuff like, do I have a solid Offensive line? Do I have enough depth to make up for the fact that 80% of my starters are made up of guys with extensive histories of injuries?

He isn't great at it but it makes it a hell of a lot worse when he can't resign any of the players he drafted becuase he ruined the salary cap going all in on two seasons that resulted in wildcard losses and zero division titles.
I'd much rather re-sign Waddle, Holland, and Phillips next year. Not a single player that has left would I have re-signed at the expense of these 3. Planning ahead. Do you really think they are living in the moment?

Now do Hill and Tua and

Black Friday Film GIF by Paramount Movies

I'd much rather re-sign Waddle, Holland, and Phillips next year. Not a single player that has left would I have re-signed at the expense of these 3. Planning ahead. Do you really think they are living in the moment?
I want them to not live in the moment. That's what's scaring me, I feel like we are moments away from something stupid happening, like trading a ton for Sneed or spending every last cent we have on Patrick Queen.

I want fiscal planning out of Grier and prudence this offseason. Our cap situation this offseason, for what we have to show for it, is quite frankly unacceptable.

I dont want any "all-in" type moves this offseaon. One more big move by Grier could be devastating.

Happens when you have a lot of quality players, they ain't cheap. We did as the Rams did, unfortunately, it didn't work out as well for us with the injuries being a major obstacle. The difference is the Rams completely sold out their future, we still have ours under control. We'll be able to extend our young key players next year, and we'll have draft capital to replenish young talent. The Rams had neither and had to gut the roster. We are nowhere near that point...

Back
Top Bottom