Randall Gay on playing vs. Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randall Gay on playing vs. Saban

pogues

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/reissPieces/

Cornerback Randall Gay is one of five LSU players on the Patriots roster who played for new Dolphins coach Nick Saban in Baton Rouge, La. After a recent workout at Gillette Stadium, Gay acknowledged that he’s visualized what it will be like to play against Saban for the first time.

“Think about it, I went to college as a running back, so I didn’t know how to play corner. Now, the man who taught me to play corner is going to be the man I’m looking at on the other sideline,†Gay said. “He knows everything I know about football, all my strengths and weaknesses. So I guess I’ll have to change some stuff up on him.â€Â

The Patriots have six LSU players on the roster – Gay; inside linebacker Eric Alexander; defensive linemen Jarvis Green and Marquise Hill; quarterback Rohan Davey; and running back Kevin Faulk. Only Faulk, a second-round choice in 1999, didn’t play for Saban.

The Patriots visit the Dolphins Nov. 13.

lucky for NE that just about none of the players other than Gay have much of a role in the offense or defense.

Let's hope Feeley and our WR's can pick on Gay's weaknesses for many TD's..

pogues said:
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/reissPieces/

Cornerback Randall Gay is one of five LSU players on the Patriots roster who played for new Dolphins coach Nick Saban in Baton Rouge, La. After a recent workout at Gillette Stadium, Gay acknowledged that he’s visualized what it will be like to play against Saban for the first time.

“Think about it, I went to college as a running back, so I didn’t know how to play corner. Now, the man who taught me to play corner is going to be the man I’m looking at on the other sideline,†Gay said. “He knows everything I know about football, all my strengths and weaknesses. So I guess I’ll have to change some stuff up on him.â€Â

The Patriots have six LSU players on the roster – Gay; inside linebacker Eric Alexander; defensive linemen Jarvis Green and Marquise Hill; quarterback Rohan Davey; and running back Kevin Faulk. Only Faulk, a second-round choice in 1999, didn’t play for Saban.

The Patriots visit the Dolphins Nov. 13.

jarvis green played a big role in defense all last year, and hill has his oppt this year to make some serious impact.....

green in the pitt game came up big.....

at Pittsburgh (1/23): Started at defensive end and collected five tackles (3 solo), including a sack and a forced fumble in the Patriots' 41-27 AFC Championship victory over the Steelers

ckparrothead said:
lucky for NE that just about none of the players other than Gay have much of a role in the offense or defense.

Kevin Faulk doesn't have much of a role?? Him being multidimensional plays a big part of their offense. Jarvis Green also played well.

I just hope Saban gets to know our players well enough to capitilize on their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

He taught a RB to be an NFL quality corner so I know he can coach..

tigerskin said:
Kevin Faulk doesn't have much of a role?? Him being multidimensional plays a big part of their offense. Jarvis Green also played well.

i think he was meaning a role being formerly coached under saban.....

faulk left lsu before saban arrived.......

GreenMonster said:
He taught a RB to be an NFL quality corner so I know he can coach..

Surtain was a high school QB.

Saban is not some kind of football genius when it comes to this.

I have no doubt he can coach, but this is not any kind of real indication of that.

Back
Top Bottom