Random Draft Discussion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Draft Discussion

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Some early mocks coming out and certainly the draft is starting to get more interesting, especially with Miami owning the 11th pick.

Here are some thoughts.

Whose the next DE after Chubbs?

Miami had just 30 sacks which is now two years in a row where that's been a problem. I think part of the issue is how opposing teams attack the Dolphins with the qb getting the ball out of his hands quickly. Still, a pass rushing DE seems like a priority. Lots has been said about Davenport and right now he's being mocked all over the board. Is he worthy of an 11th selection? Landry? Others?

If one of the top qb's fall do you pounce?
I think four teams above Miami will take qb's making this a moot point. Cleveland, NY Giants, Denver and NY Jets seem like obvious spots for the top four qb's. But, you never know. Maybe one of those teams signs a vet like Alex Smith and puts off a qb for a few years. Do the Dolphins pounce if Allen or Maysfield is there at #11?

Edmunds moving up...
Here's a player who seems like a perfect fit. I would think the Dolphins will prioritize a strong-side linebacker and keep Alonso on the weakside with McMillan in the middle. Recently, Edmunds is being mocked near the top 10. Is he worthy of that #11 spot. More specifically, who are some linebackers who could be there in R2 that you all like? Third round?

Tight end....
It's not considered a strong draft for tight end and there could be some interesting players in free agency. I would think Andrews could be a trade down option in the first. I see mocks that have him going late first, early second mostly.

Offensive line steals?
I know a lot of people have Miami taking an offensive lineman early and that could happen. I think more realistically the team will look middle round. Who are some steals out there that fit what the Dolphins are looking for?

If Chubbs is there at 11, run don't walk to the podium.

I think Edmunds would be a waste in our scheme. After Roquan Smith, I see a big drop off. Landry might go in the 1st, but he's a 3-4 LB all day. If Skai Moore is there in the 4th round, I might grab him. His instincts are good, and he has a knack in zone coverage, but not sure he runs well enough to cover in man. The Combine will tell us more.

The more I look at the TE class, the more I like. Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki, Fumagalli, Hurst...these are my top 5 but not necessarily in that particular order.

I don't know where we're going with OL, but if we do trade down out of 11, I hope one of our picks nets us Billy Price. In my opinion, we need 2 solid OL out of our first 5 picks.

If Chubbs is there at 11, run don't walk to the podium.

I think Edmunds would be a waste in our scheme. After Roquan Smith, I see a big drop off. Landry might go in the 1st, but he's a 3-4 LB all day. If Skai Moore is there in the 4th round, I might grab him. His instincts are good, and he has a knack in zone coverage, but not sure he runs well enough to cover in man. The Combine will tell us more.

The more I look at the TE class, the more I like. Andrews, Goedert, Gesicki, Fumagalli, Hurst...these are my top 5 but not necessarily in that particular order.

I don't know where we're going with OL, but if we do trade down out of 11, I hope one of our picks nets us Billy Price. In my opinion, we need 2 solid OL out of our first 5 picks.

I'm a big fan of Billy Price as well. The fact that he can play both center and guard makes him so versatile and would give Miami options if Michael Pouncey is hurt again.

I could easily see the team take a linebacker in the first and then a tight end in round two, but I'm also not convinced Edmunds is the best option at #11. Like his upside as others have mentioned and I definitely could see him developing with his best football ahead of him.

I could easily see the team take a linebacker in the first and then a tight end in round two, but I'm also not convinced Edmunds is the best option at #11. Like his upside as others have mentioned and I definitely could see him developing with his best football ahead of him.

I have no problem with Edmunds as a player, but I don't know if his skill set is wasted in our scheme. Maybe he would be asked to do more than they asked of Timmons.

Back
Top Bottom